Remind Gov. Bruce Rauner of His Pledge To Veto Tax-Payer Funded Abortions.
Coinciding with yesterday’s Illinois Women’s March on Springfield for a “progressive agenda”, the Democratic-controlled Illinois House passed HB 40, approving public funding of all abortions.
The Illinois House voted 62-55 to allow state-employee health insurance or Medicaid to cover abortions. Medicaid currently covers abortions in limited cases.
HB 40 has passed. It is now on Gov. Rauner’s desk. If not vetoed, the law will do the following:
- Provide free Medicaid abortions with no restrictions. Abortions would be covered for any reason through the nine months of pregnancy, even if an unborn baby feels pain and can survive outside the womb.
- Remove the ban on state employees’ insurance policies paying for abortions.
- Provide no monetary cap to the number of abortions that could be covered by Medicaid.
- Remove language concerning the General Assembly’s declaration that the unborn child is a human being from the time of conception and is, therefore, a legal person for purposes of the unborn child’s right to life.
Please contact the Governor today!
- Rauner will honor his pledge and veto HB 40.
- Pastors and Christians will get more involved in the defense of the unborn.
- Contact Rauner! REMIND HIM OF HIS PLEDGE TO VETO HB 40 that allows the use of tax dollars going to kill pre-born babies. Be sure to let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know – especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
“LORD, rescue the unborn from abortion. Forgive us for our complacency. We say, ‘We knew nothing about this,’ but You who weighs the heart knows everything.” (Proverbs 24:11-12)
CWA of Illinois
Get involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-mail list, contact me and I will be happy to do so.