Why do you need to be saved?
- “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23
- “As it is written: ‘There is none righteous, no, not one,’” Romans 3:10
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord,” Romans 6:23
- “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned,” Romans 5:12
God’s plan of salvation
- “Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed,” 1 Peter 2:24
- “For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Jesus took the punishment for your sins
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all,” Isaiah 53:6
- “… without shedding of blood there is no remission,” Hebrews 9:22
- “But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,” Hebrews 10:12
- “We have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,” Colossians 1:14
How can you be saved?
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved,” Acts 16:31
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life,” John 5:24
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life,” John 3:16
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast,” Ephesians 2:8-9
- “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved,” Acts 4:12
God’s promise of eternal life
- “And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life,” 1 John 2:25
- “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him,” John 3:36
- “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand,” John 10:28-29
- “And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life,” 1 John 5:11-12
This means that you are a sinner and deserve punishment in Hell. God, however, has made a way for you to join Him in Heaven instead. Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
You may wish to use this prayer to “call on the Lord.” Dear Father, I freely admit that I am a sinner and that my sin separates me from you. Right now, I am trusting the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. I am depending on Him and Him alone to forgive my sins and to bring me into a right relationship with you. I pray these things in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you have trusted Christ … Welcome to God’s family.