CWA’s International Affairs Department, led by Dr. Shea Garrison, focuses on U.S. foreign policy and aid, women’s empowerment, religious freedom, and human rights.
Shea Garrison, PhD is Vice President for International Affairs at Concerned Women for America (CWA) in Washington, D.C., focusing on U.S. foreign policy and aid, women’s empowerment, religious freedom, and human rights. She is also Affiliated Faculty and Policy Fellow at George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government, and Senior Fellow at the American Council on Women, Peace, and Security.
Dr. Garrison publishes a policy paper for CWA called The Counterpoint and writes op-eds for major media outlets such as National Review, Daily Caller, The Washington Times, The Federalist, Washington Examiner, and The Hill. She speaks regularly on national TV (OAN One America News) and radio (Buck Sexton Show, American Family Radio), and to venues such as Wilson Center for International Scholars, the Heritage Foundation, U.S. Department of State and the Foreign Services Institute.
Dr. Garrison has traveled extensively throughout the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America delivering capacity building and training assistance to international partners. She is an expert in women’s empowerment, entrepreneurship, private sector development, poverty reduction, and workforce development especially within the Middle East, Africa, and Gulf Cooperation Council countries. She is schooled in USAID and UN programming and policies has worked with a variety of international donors including World Bank, Exxon, FedEx, and Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science.
Dr. Garrison holds a Ph.D. and M.S. from Tulane University in International Development, where she was adjunct faculty in 2015. In 2014, she was Visiting Research Fellow at the Center for Gulf Studies at the American University of Kuwait. She resides in the Washington, D.C. area.
- “Ivanka Trump Vs. Hunter Biden: A Tale of Media’s Partisan Sexism Highlighted by the Coverage”. OAN One America News Network. October 22, 2019.
- “Democrat Party Anti-Woman Since 1878 Republicans Celebrate 99 Years” OAN One America News Network. August 31, 2019.
- “Historic Trump: Women are Vital to Fighting Extremism, Keeping Peace.” OAN One America News Network. August 9, 2019.
- “Trump plays his hand while Democrats overplay theirs”. One News Now. American Family Radio. July 22, 2019.
- “The Insanity of the Equality Act” The Buck Sexton Show, Premiere Networks, iHeartMedia, Inc. May 15, 2019.
- “The Inequality of the Equality Act” Tamara Scott Live, Truth for Our Time. Aired: 99.3 FM Truth Network, Radio, Des Moines, Iowa and World View Radio/World View TV. May 3, 2019.
- “Religious Freedom Around the World” CWA Podcast Use Your Voice with Penny Nance. Episode 14.
- “US National Intelligence Priority: WHO Director-General Ties to Communist China.” CNS News. May 13, 2020”
- “UN Report Promotes Abortion, LGBT Rights, Over Human Rights” Washington Times. April 13, 2020.
- “China’s Reach into Mainstream America Comes With a High Price to Pay” Daily Caller. April 7, 2020.
- “Something Smells About Bernie’s Self-Declared ‘Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian’ Platform” Townhall. February 28, 2020.
- “Corbynism has been defeated, but the Anti-Semitism at its Core Lives On” The Hill. December 15, 2019.
- “UN is Pushing Abortion on Developing Countries, But The Trump Administration is Fighting Back” November 20, 2019. Daily Caller.
- “Ivanka Trump is Right about Empowering Women”. October 10, 2019. National Review.
- “How ‘China is home to the worst human rights crises of our time’—It’s why the Commission on Unalienable Rights is so necessary.” The Washington Times. October 1, 2019. Print version and accessed at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/30/how-china-is-home-to-the-worst-human-rights-crises/
- “Promoting Women in Peace Processes” The Washington Times. July 31, 2019.
- “Why doesn’t every persecuted group get a flag at U.S. Embassies?” Washington Examiner, June 18, 2019. With Penny Nance.
- “Debasing Women’s Rights at the UN with the Same Old Mantra” Washington Examiner, May 2, 2019.
- “No Abortion is Not an International Right, so the Left Should Stop Pushing” The Hill. March 23, 2019.
- “A Cry for the Lost Lives of Millions of Women and Girls” Washington Examiner. March 17, 2019.
- “How Conservative UN Social Policies Strengthen U.S. Relations” The Federalist. February 15, 2019.
- “Trump is a Born Dealmaker, Let Him Do His Thing” Townhall. Opinion. June 18, 2018
- “Pompeo: Another Religious Litmus Test for Christians.” Townhall. Opinion. April 25, 2018
Latest News and Headlines
By Jaelyn Morgan, Intern for the Department of International Affairs, Concerned Women for America In the face of China’s gross violations against the Uyghur people and other minorities, the United…
Media release: AHA Foundation, Concerned Women for America, and Independent Women’s Forum together urge the U.S. government to amend planned changes to asylum rules that would end gender-based asylum. Read…
Figure 1: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) provides Coronavirus updates at the WHO daily press conference on June 7, 2020 By Jaelyn Morgan, Intern…
This week the U.S. learned the Communist Chinese Party (CCP) is using forced abortion, forced sterilization, and coercive family planning against the Uyghurs and other minorities in Xinjiang as part…
By Jaelyn Morgan, Intern for the Department of International Affairs, Concerned Women for America Wall Street Journal could not have phrased it any better, “What good is a global health…
Do you want to understand what socialism is and how it impacts society? Or, how to respond to socialist promises like – Free Stuff! – healthcare and college? This…
CWA’s Vice President of International Affairs, Dr. Shea Garrison, wrote the following op-ed published on CNS News. “In his Senate confirmation hearing last week, Trump’s pick for Director of National…
CWA’s Vice President of Government Relations Doreen Denny was featured in this Daily Caller article published this week. “A coalition of international women’s groups have signed a petition urging the…
CWA’s Vice President for International Affairs, Dr. Shea Garrison, teamed up with Emilie Kao, director of the DeVos Center for Religion & Civil Society at The Heritage Foundation on an…
Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo congratulated Luis Almagro on winning reelection to serve as Secretary General of the Organization of the American States (OAS). Secretary Pompeo commended Almagro…
Support for Israel AIPAC Policy Conference CWA International had the privilege of attending AIPAC’s (American Israel Political Action Committee) Policy Conference this week in Washington, D.C., to learn and celebrate…
CWA has as its seventh core issue Support for Israel. Dr. Shea Garrison, CWA’s Vice President for International Affairs, did an analysis of President Trump’s Middle East Peace to Prosperity…