Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
We are concerned about:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from abortion, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
2. The physical, emotional and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
3. The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate
We are working to see:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
2. Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
3. Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving
your neighbor as yourself.
Click here to view CWA’s downloadable brochures, push cards, white papers, and reports.
Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo congratulated Luis Almagro on winning reelection to serve as Secretary General of the Organization of the American States (OAS). Secretary Pompeo commended Almagro…
CWA signed on to a letter written to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar, along with other pro-life leaders, to show how the abortion industry is exploiting this…
America is in an unprecedented moment in history. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is right. It’s time for the drama to end. Please Contact your Senators and ask them to pass non-partisan,…
At the end of February, on the heels of the U.S. Senate’s two pro-life votes, House Republicans successfully forced a vote on the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act through…
CWA’s Vice President for International Affairs, Dr. Shea Garrison, has just collaborated with Susan B. Anthony List’s research arm, Charlotte Lozier Institute, to develop an On Point policy paper to…
June Medical Services v. Russo oral arguments at the Supreme Court. This week the United States Supreme Court heard oral arguments in an important case where abortionists are challenging a…
One of our amazing Young Women for America college chapter presidents, Lillian Knight, LSU, participated in the Protect Women, Protect Life rally on the steps of the Supreme Court fighting…
The following news story aired this week on Spectrum 1 Newschannels. Click link to watch the television broadcast or read the story below. “Concerned Women for America President Penny Nance…
CWA of Louisiana’s Sancha Smith delivers her remarks on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court Wed., Mar. 4, for the “Protect Women – Protect Life” rally.
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America (CWA), delivers her remarks on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court Wed., Mar. 4, for the “Protect Women –…
WASHINGTON — Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America (CWA), will join a broad coalition of pro-life groups and legislators on the steps of the U.S. Supreme…
Tuesday was a dark day for America. The Senate failed to advance two desperately needed pro-life bills: the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act and the Born Alive Abortion Survivors…