Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from chemical and surgical abortion, infanticide, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
- The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate his brother.
We are working to see:
- Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
- Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
- Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving your neighbor as yourself.
Sanctity of Life Articles
For Immediate Release September 22, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington email@example.com Nance: “Democrats exalt aborting babies as the ultimate empowerment of a self-made life. God weeps.” Washington D.C., – The U.S….
The new Texas Heartbeat Bill has dominated the news cycle for the past few weeks. If you’re still confused by what it does and doesn’t do, this episode is for…
An abortionist in Texas admitted in an op ed in the Washington Post that he performed an abortion earlier this month in violation of Texas’s new Heartbeat Bill. Concerned Women…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 2, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington 202-748-3501 firstname.lastname@example.org Conservative Women Celebrate Saving Babies in Texas Washington, D.C. – Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for…
The radical left and its media enablers are going berserk over the United States Supreme Court’s denial of an application for injunctive relief to stop Texas’s Heartbeat Law from going…
Rep. Chip Roy (Republican) serves the 21st District of Texas. At the end of July, Rep. Roy introduced the Protecting Life on College Campus Act of 2021 alongside Sen. Steve…
I saw a video posted by the New York Times of an Afghan woman named Crystal Bayat. On August 19th she helped organize a protest to celebrate Afghanistan independence. At…
Concerned Women for America‘s CEO and President, Penny Nance, joined CBN News to respond to a recent ruling by a federal judge in Indiana striking down some of the state’s…