Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
We are concerned about:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from abortion, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
2. The physical, emotional and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
3. The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate
We are working to see:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
2. Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
3. Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving
your neighbor as yourself.
Washington, D.C. — This afternoon the Senate voted 57-42 to confirm Mike Pompeo as the 70th U.S. Secretary of State. Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America…
Lest her calm, cool, and collected 60 Minutes interview give the wrong impression, it’s important for us to remember that Stormy Daniels is in no position to establish herself as…
One of the most common questions I get from grassroots advocates, supporters or even other D.C. folk is, “What are we doing now about Planned Parenthood?” Although we have proven…
Reading articles or listening to debates about abortion, I’m always left wondering, “Why isn’t adoption front and center in the national conversation?” Adding adoption as The Third Choice to the…
In a breathless passage, or as People Magazine prefers to call it, a “riveting passage,” from Cecile Richards’ new book about her life as Planned Parenthood’s president for the past…
Last week, President Trump begrudgingly signed into law a $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill that runs out in September. The Republican-controlled Congress sent the president a bill that rightfully increases…
Our nation has a long history of protecting the beliefs of individuals and entities who object to certain activities based on religious and/or moral convictions. This is applicable in all…
NIFLA v. Becerra Oral Arguments Recap It was a cold, rainy day in the nation’s capital today, but that didn’t stop your representatives from Concerned Women for America (CWA) from…
Washington, D.C. — Today the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) v. Becerra. This case originated in California where AB 775 was specifically designed to…
CWA House Legislative Director, Jaime Ballew, met with members of Ireland Family and Life earlier this week. The topic: Ireland’s 8th amendment. It is a life-affirming law in Ireland that…
This coming Tuesday, March 20, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear a very important pro-life, free speech case: National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra. And Concerned…