Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
We are concerned about:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from abortion, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
2. The physical, emotional and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
3. The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate
We are working to see:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
2. Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
3. Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving
your neighbor as yourself.
No, I’m not a paid spokesperson for Gerber. However, in case you haven’t heard, Gerber chose one-year-old Lucas Warren from Dalton, Georgia, as its 2018 Gerber baby. What’s so special…
This past weekend, tens of thousands of Pro-Lifers gathered together at the Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco, California. Concerned Women for America and Young Women for America…
On Monday, January 29, the Senate failed to pass the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. This legislation, sometimes referred to as the 20 Week Ban, protects unborn children nationwide after…
As you are probably aware, S. 2311, the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, failed to overcome a filibuster in the U.S. Senate last week. The vote was 51-46. Sixty votes…
Washington, D.C. — Yesterday, the Senate failed to pass S. 2311, the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, by a vote of 51-46. This bill would have ended elective abortions after 20 weeks….
Washington, D.C. – Today the House of Representatives passed H.R. 4712, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act by a vote of 241-183. This bill requires any health care practitioner who…
Banal minds find it hard to grasp why I serve as legal counsel for Concerned Women for America (CWA). For all their boasting about acceptance, inclusion, and equality, many liberal…
Join CWA at the 2018 March for Life! When: Friday, January 19, for the 45th annual March for Life here in Washington, D.C. Where: The March for Life Rally will take place…
I also want to take a moment and thank God and you, our thousands of Concerned Women for America supporters, for the support you gave my book, Feisty and…
Perhaps at the top of our list for accomplishments this year is the confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court. God was so gracious to…
We’re looking back at God’s many blessings for Concerned Women for America in 2017, and we cannot forget to thank God for his hand directing our 100 No More…
Friends, as the end of the year approaches, it gives us a chance to reflect on what the Lord has graciously allowed us to accomplish this year. On the…