Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
We are concerned about:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from abortion, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
2. The physical, emotional and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
3. The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate
We are working to see:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
2. Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
3. Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving
your neighbor as yourself.
Click here to view CWA’s downloadable brochures, push cards, white papers, and reports.
President and CEO of CWA, Penny Nance, wrote the following article about the reality of abortion and how the pro-choice movement is not pro-woman: It’s a staggering number: 56 million….
Contact: [email protected] 202.810.5530 WASHINGTON — Penny Nance releases the following statement after attending the March for Life rally with President Trump on the National Mall Friday: “It was a profound…
It is always sobering to stand and contemplate the destruction and devastation left along the pathway of “Hurricane” Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that invented a right…
Impeachment Day 3 Recap We continued to hear the same unproven allegations from the House managers as they presented their case to remove the President before the Senate on day…
January 22, 2020, marks the 47th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade and is known as the Sanctity of Human Life Day. CWA’s Vice President of Field Operations, Tanya Ditty, participated…
Join CWA at the 2020 March for Life! When: Friday, January 24th, with the March for Life theme of: Life Empowers: Pro-Life is Pro-Woman. Where: The March for Life Rally…
In three separate letters to President Trump, Secretary of State Pompeo and Secretary Azar, CWA CEO and President Penny Nance and our Vice President for International Affairs Dr. Shea Garrison…
The Trump Administration is exhibiting unprecedented international leadership from the United States on behalf of life at the 74th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The U.S. delegation’s message is cohesive…
During our 40th Anniversary Gala, Dr. Beverly LaHaye describes how CWA came into existence in 1979 and Penny Nance discusses CWA’s impact on pro-life causes, conservative justices, and grassroots activism…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE …