Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from chemical and surgical abortion, infanticide, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
- The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate his brother.
We are working to see:
- Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
- Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
- Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving your neighbor as yourself.
Sanctity of Life Articles
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, is quoted in the Washington Times article, Biden, Harris commit to ‘codifying Roe’ as pro-lifers decry abortion agenda. Nance, “This…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 22, 2021 Contact: Natalie Panettiere 202-266-4816, firstname.lastname@example.org Women are Grieving as Biden Initiates Assault on Female Identity and the Sanctity of Human Life Statement from Penny…
Doreen Denny, CWA’s Vice President of Government Relations, takes you inside the U.S. House of Representatives to get a first-hand account of a hearing on the fight to keep the…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 16, 2020 Contact: Doreen Denny 202-266-4808, email@example.com Concerned Women for America Applauds Actions Against California and University of Vermont for Disregarding Pro-life Laws Celebrates “Life is…
Today, the House held an appropriations subcommittee hearing titled “The Impact on Women Seeking an Abortion but are Denied Because of an Inability to Pay.” Calling it what it is, a hearing dedicated…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 7, 2020 Contact: Natalie Panettiere 202.266.4816, firstname.lastname@example.org Biden’s Choice for HHS Reveals Abortion First Agenda, Exposes Unity Lip Service Washington, D.C. — Concerned Women for America…
CWA’s CEO and President Penny Nance discusses the surge of prolife women elected to serve in the upcoming Congress on The 700 Club. Watch Penny’s interview here.
By Amy Lidell, Intern for Concerned Women for America The fight for life continues as the United States has come together with Brazil, Egypt, Hungary, Indonesia, and Uganda to form…