Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
We are concerned about:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from abortion, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
2. The physical, emotional and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
3. The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate
We are working to see:
SANCTITY OF LIFE
1. Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
2. Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
3. Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving
your neighbor as yourself.
Listen to the amazing story of how one young man took on the abortion industry, exposing their greed and callous regard for human life on video. David Daleiden, the founder…
The U.S. Senate is poised to vote Monday, February 25, on the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. This crucial legislation would shield a newborn who survives an attempted abortion…
This document provides an overview of state laws (as of February 8, 2019) as they relate to late-term abortion, born-alive protections, and public funding of abortion. Some states adhere to…
Washington, D.C. – Tonight in his 2019 State of the Union Address, President Trump again proved his commitment to the unborn by highlighting the importance of the sanctity of life….
Last Thursday, Senator Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska) expressed his disgust with Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s (D) comments describing how a child born alive after a botched abortion would be allowed to…
This was a beautiful speech tonight by President Donald J. Trump. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a compassionate speech from beginning to end. It was the total opposite of…
By now you’ve probably seen the shocking video that went viral showing Virginia Delegate Kathy Tran defending a bill that she introduced, which she freely admitted would allow abortion-on-demand up…
CWA’s Penny Nance, a resident of Virginia, joins hundreds of Virginians to stand up for the unborn and against the left’s extremism which supports late term abortion up unitl birth.
Washington, D.C. – Concerned Women for America joins Susan B. Anthony List, The Virginia Family Foundation, Students for Life, and other pro-life organizations in holding a press conference this Saturday,…
After being exposed for their unscrupulous attempts to sell baby body parts for profit, Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the nation, tried to discredit the evidence in a…
Dear Mr. Cuomo, Do you remember the day in the hospital room when you held your daughters, Cara and Mariah, for the first time? And then the day you held…
Washington, D.C. — Planned Parenthood’s 2017-18 Annual Report confirms that Planned Parenthood continued to establish themselves as a taxpayer-funded abortion giant. Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America…