Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from chemical and surgical abortion, infanticide, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
- The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate his brother.
We are working to see:
- Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
- Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
- Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving your neighbor as yourself.
Sanctity of Life Articles
Use your voice to help Concerned Women for America hold the line against the Biden Administration’s aggressive, pro-abortion, anti-American agenda. Action items below. The Biden Administration is rapidly translating President…
April 16, 2021: Update on Discharge Petition On opening day, 202 U.S. Representatives signed the discharge petition for the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, setting a record for the…
Concerned Women for America LAC sent this scorecard letter urging U.S. Representatives to sign the discharge petition in support of H.R. 619, the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. Join…
If you oppose the federal government using taxes from workers’ paychecks to fund the destruction of babies in the womb through abortion, call your member of Congress at 202-225-3121 and…
Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s choice for U.S. attorney general, confirmed his focus on “ensuring racial equity” and “meeting the evolving threat of violent extremism” at his confirmation hearings last week….
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee to Newsweek: “Evangelical policy leaders have been willing to work with every president. To his credit, President Trump…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, was interviewed by the Christian Post and had this to say about the impact of the election on the pro-life efforts, “Evangelical…