Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sanctity of Life as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Sanctity of Life
Humans reflect the image of God.
- “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
The punishment of death was applied to those who take another’s life because God values human life.
- “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.” (Genesis 9:6)
God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The protection of innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from chemical and surgical abortion, infanticide, fetal tissue experimentation, and embryonic research; and society from euthanasia, cloning, population control and human genetic engineering.
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual harm to women, men and their families resulting from abortion.
- The devaluing of all human life; a man cannot love God and hate his brother.
We are working to see:
- Laws passed to protect our society from practices and policies that endanger or debase innocent human life.
- Public awareness of the harm of abortion to women, men and their families; and the promotion of pregnancy care centers and post-abortion counseling services.
- Society/culture following the Biblical standard of loving your neighbor as yourself.
Sanctity of Life Articles
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee to Newsweek: “Evangelical policy leaders have been willing to work with every president. To his credit, President Trump…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, was interviewed by the Christian Post and had this to say about the impact of the election on the pro-life efforts, “Evangelical…
This week, President Joe Biden shirked off a request from several moderate Republican Senators to work on a bipartisan coronavirus relief bill. Meanwhile, Senate Democrats led by Budget Chairman Bernie…
Forty-eight Republican Senators have penned a letter to Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-New York) pledging to oppose the rollback of longstanding protections in current law. Only Republican Senators Susan Collins…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, joined leaders from other organizations in Washington, D.C. for the 2021 March for Life. Prolifers from around the country joined…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 28, 2021 Contact: Natalie Panettiere 202-266-4816, firstname.lastname@example.org Biden’s Abortion Extremism Unmasked on the Eve of the March for Life Self-Proclaimed “Unifier” Breaks with Vast Majority of…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America addressed President Joe Biden’s Executive Order that rescinded the Mexico City Policy, “It is incredibly tragic that the Biden administration…
Two hundred House Republicans sent a letter to House and Senate leaders today “to express our unified opposition to Congressional Democrats’ efforts to repeal the Hyde Amendment and other current-law,…