The work of the Illinois House and Senate officially ended on May 31. However, due to an unresolved budget, lawmakers will be returning to Springfield on June 30 for an overtime session. Your prayers are needed as they continue to govern our great state.
There are two harmful pieces of legislation that continue to need our attention. Both of these are awaiting Gov. Bruce Rauner’s veto or signature.
This anti-family bill, SB 57, allows one spouse to file for divorce after a six month separation even if the other spouse does not want the divorce. CWA encourages spouses to weigh this decision carefully and believes six months is not sufficient time to do so when one’s spouse is not in agreement.
Conversion Therapy Prohibition Act, HB 217, would prohibit all licensed mental health providers in Illinois from helping minors change their unwanted same-sex attraction. Click here for more information.
- Pray God’s wisdom upon Gov. Rauner and Illinois legislators as they complete unfinished business in Springfield.
- Pray for Christians to take a more active role in government.
- Contact the Gov. Rauner concerning SB 57 and HB 217. Ask him to veto both. He can be reached at illinois.gov/gov/ContactUs/Pages/VoiceAnOpinion.aspx or 217-782-0244.
- Sign up for the 2016 CWA of Illinois Encourage-A-Legislator (EAL) program. We were blessed to have every legislator in Springfield covered in prayer last year. We would like to expand the EAL program to include County Board Chairmen and the Illinois Judiciary. Click here for more information. Sign up by e-mailing me with your name, address and phone number. Also, encourage other intercessors to be part of the CWA of Illinois EAL program.
- It takes financial backing to implement the CWA of Illinois EAL program. Please consider donating to this important project.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke