January 1, 2015 Update: We are excited to announce that we have matched all Illinois legislators up to an encourager. If you are not part of this year’s EAL program be sure to participate next year as we expand to county and local levels of government.
Sign-up to Pray for an Illinois Legislator!
Deadline is December 31, 2015.
We are seeking participants for CWA of Illinois’s Encourage-A-Legislator (EAL) Program for the 2015 General Assembly Session in Springfield. This year’s session will be six months beginning January 14, 2015.
Please pray for:
- Christians to be led to pray for our nation’s leaders.
- Every legislator in Springfield and County Board Chairs to be covered in prayer.
Take Action: EAL is a program of encouragement and prayer for our Illinois legislators while the General Assembly is in session. We make it easy!
- CWA of Illinois will provide you with six pre-addressed postcards to an assigned legislator that contains a Scripture, Founding Father quote, and prayer.
- Every month for six months you will sign, stamp and send a postcard to your legislator.
- You then pray consistently for your legislator throughout the six months.
- There is no cost to participate in this program other than the cost of the postcard stamps which comes to approximately $2.00 for one legislator.
- Participants are welcome to sign up for more than one legislator.
Legislators throughout the nation have expressed gratitude and appreciation for those who encourage and pray for them through CWA’s EAL program.
Prayer moves the hand of God in the affairs of this nation. In fact we are commanded to pray for those in authority.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” 1 Timothy 2:1
If you would like to participate in the EAL Program, please call 815-297-2918 or e-mail us at [email protected] Women, men and teens are encouraged to sign up.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to serve the Lord with your prayers for our nation.