Please act on this today!
The Conversion Therapy Prohibition Act, HB 217, passed out of the Illinois Senate by a vote of 34-19-1 and moves on to Gov. Bruce Rauner’s office.
This bill will ban reparative therapy for children who suffer from unwanted same-sex attraction disorder. It will be illegal for traditional family value therapists to counsel minors according to their beliefs. Unless Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoes this bill, it will become law!
We are thankful for State Senators Kyle McCarter (R-Vandalia), Dale Righter (R-Mattoon), Jim Oberweis (R-Aurora),Tim Bivins (R-Dixon) and freshman Neil Anderson (R-Moline) who vigorously questioned proponents and spoke against HB 217 prior to the Senate vote.
Click here to see how your State Senator voted.
Christians will not be excused from their willful indifference or inaction.
“We knew nothing about this,” but You who weighs the heart knows everything.” Proverbs 24:11-12
- Pray for Gov. Rauner to veto HB 217 and allow licensed and professional therapists to do their job.
- Pray that the spirits of fear, apathy, and indifference would be bound in believers as they strengthen themselves in the Lord.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would loose boldness, strength, righteous anger and indignation in the church community to cause them to publically stand against these unrighteous bills.
- Contact Gov. Bruce Rauner at illinois.gov/gov/ContactUs/Pages/VoiceAnOpinion.aspx or 217-782-0244. Urge the Governor to “VETO” HB 217.
- Contact your pastors, all the traditional family value counselors you know, as well as your family and friends. Urge them to stand against HB 217.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke