Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Illinois will be joining pro-life organizations, churches, and supporters for Illinois Family Institute’s Pro-Life Rally & Lobby Day at the Illinois State Capitol on March 20. We hope you will attend to lobby your legislators to OPPOSE two horrific abortion bills: Reproductive Health Act, HB 2495, and Parental Notice Abortion, HB 2467. Read our alert on the two bills here.
Pro-Life Rally & Lobby Day Schedule
Noon – 1:30 p.m. Lobby
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Rally in Rotunda
2:30 – 4:00 p.m. Lobby
- Take a stand for life by participating in the rally and lobby day. Here are a few details:
- State Capitol address: 401 S 2nd St, Springfield, IL 62701.
- Parking is available south and west of the capitol. There is additional parking on west side streets. (Bring quarters to feed the street parking meters.) Parking places fill up quickly, so plan to arrive early to be near the capitol.
- Write down the names of your state senator and state representative before coming to the rally. Click hereto find out who they are.
- Wear buttons and pro-life clothing.
Be sure to stop by the CWA of Illinois booth in the capitol lobby!
- If you cannot attend the event, please call your senator and representative to voice your opposition to HB2495 and HB2467. Click hereto find out who they are and how to contact him/her.
Please, pray that legislators will choose to protect life by voting in opposition to HB2495 and HB2467.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
Take the next step!
- Consider donating to CWA of Illinois online or write a check out to “Concerned Women for America,” put “CWA of IL” on the memo line, and then send it to CWA of Illinois at 1255 W. Empire Street, Freeport, IL 61032. Our state is run exclusively through donations. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.
- Visit the CWA of Illinois webpage to see how you can become involved in our organization.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, email me, and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.