Control of the U.S. Senate hinges on the January 5, 2021, Georgia runoffs between Sen. David Perdue (Republican-Incumbent) and Jon Ossoff (Democrat), and between Sen. Kelly Loeffler (Republican-Incumbent) and Raphael Warnock (Democrat). Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC) is fully engaged in the GOTV and prayer efforts in Georgia for the two U.S. Senate runoff races, and we invite YOU to join in our efforts.
Background: Senate elections are normally staggered in the states. Though not typical, there is a reason why there are two Senate races in the same year and in the same state. Incumbent Sen. David Perdue (Republican) was up for reelection for another six-year term. Georgia law requires a 50% plus one vote for a race not to be thrown into a runoff. Sen. Perdue has a current 49.9% lead over his opponents. Incumbent Sen. Kelly Loeffler (Republican) was appointed to her Senate seat last year by Gov. Brian Kemp to fill the vacancy of retired Sen. Johnny Isakson (Republican). The winner of the Loeffler/Warnock race will run again in 2022.
What’s at Stake with the Runoff Elections
- Life – Would flip the Senate to a pro-abortion majority. Ending the filibuster rule requiring 60 votes would mean any bill to promote and pay for abortion could be enacted.
- Judges – Even if the filibuster rule stays in place, it only takes 51 votes to confirm judges. Activist judges could be nominated and confirmed, and political court-packing would be possible.
- Religious Freedom – Democrats would gut the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and impose government mandates forcing sexual and gender ideology on society through the Equality Act.
How You Can Help:
- Travel to Georgia the weeks of November 30 and/or December 7 to assist with Get Out the Vote door to door canvassing and phone banking. You can go anytime your schedule allows, but the two weeks listed are the most critical. We can use you for a day, days, or the entire week!
- Do phone banking either in Georgia or remotely from your home.
- Organize a prayer event(s) to pray specifically for the Georgia runoff elections.
Click here to fill out the form letting us know of your availability to help with the Georgia runoff races. While this is not a paid position, we can assist in helping you seek out housing options.