UPDATE: Since our February 22 e-alert on this subject, we have learned that there is a Senate companion bill, SB1594, to HB2467. Please pray and take action if you haven’t already on last Friday’s e-alert, as well as the information I have added to it below noted with an *.
“Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, ‘Behold, we did not know this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?” (Proverbs 24:11-12)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22 E-ALERT:
The Partial Birth Abortion repeal bill and the No Parental Notice bill are up for a vote in the Illinois House of Representatives.
Gov. J.B. Pritzker and the Democrat-controlled General Assembly are making good on their promise to make Illinois the most progressive women’s reproductive rights state in the nation. The provisions in these bills are evil, plain and simple.
We must do everything we can to put a stop to the murder of the unborn. If Christians in Illinois do not stand up for the unborn in Illinois, who will?
The Reproductive Health Act HB2495, sponsored by State Rep. Kelly Cassidy (D-District 14), will expand abortion rights as follows:
- Will repeal the Partial Birth Abortion Ban which would then allow babies to be killed up to the time of birth.
- Will make it mandatory that all private health insurance companies in the state provide coverage for abortion.
- Will repeal a 1975 Illinois abortion law (though currently not in effect) which includes criminal penalties on doctors who commit abortion and more.
The Parental Notice Abortion – Repeal, HB2467 [*and SB1594] will repeal the Parental Notice of Abortion Act of 1995 which presently requires notification – not consent. What does this mean?
- Parents will never know if their child has become pregnant and had an abortion unless their child shares the information
- If the child is having multiple abortions, the parents will not know.
- If a child is being sexually abused by an adult, the parents are not given the last opportunity to be tipped off that something may be wrong and therefore, come to the aid of their daughter.
All bills could be voted out of committee at any time. The bills might then go immediately to the House and Senate floor for a vote.
Please take action:
- Contact your state representative and urge him/her to oppose HB2495, the Reproductive Health Care Act, and HB2467, the Parental Notice of Abortion. Click here to find out who your representative is and how to contact him/her.
- *Please contact your state senator and urge him/her to oppose SB1594, the Parental Notice of Abortion-Repeal. Click here to find out who your senator is and how to contact him/her.
- Forward this alert to your family, friends, as well as, churches in your area.
Please join me in prayer that Christians will defend the sanctity of life and legislators will be convicted of the sanctity of life and vote accordingly.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
CWA of Illinois
Take the next step!
- Consider donating to CWA of Illinois online or write a check out to “Concerned Women for America,” put “CWA of IL” on the memo line, and then send it to CWA of Illinois at 1255 W. Empire Street, Freeport, IL 61032. Our state is run exclusively through donations. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.
- Visit the CWA of Illinois webpage to see how you can become involved in our organization.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, email me, and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.