Gov. Bruce Rauner will now decide the fate of HB 1785.
Yesterday afternoon, the Illinois Senate approved HB 1785 with a vote of 32-22. The bill was passed along party lines with no republican “yes” votes. Last week, the bill passed through the Illinois House with a vote of 63-32.
HB 1785 amends the Vital Records Act to allow gender-dysphoric persons to change their gender on their birth certificate with a declaration from a health care worker or mental health professional that states the person has undergone “gender transition treatment.”
The bill now goes to Gov. Rauner who has sixty days to sign or veto it. If he chooses to do nothing, then the falsifying of Illinois birth certificates will become law. Gov. Rauner needs to hear from YOU!
A special thank you to those who contacted their state senator in response to our last e-alerts on this bill.
“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
- Contact Gov. Rauner now and ask him to veto HB1785. Please email him and call his office at 217-782-0244. Feel free to leave a message after hours. Let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- As previously requested, please contact the governor concerning him vetoing HB 40. Remind him that he pledged to “veto” HB 40.
- Please forward this alert now to everyone you know, especially your pastor and members of your congregation. We, too, are held accountable for our action or inaction in making our voices heard for righteousness in government in Illinois.
Please Take a Moment to Pray”
- Pray that the schemes of the enemy would be thwarted and that Gov. Rauner will “veto” both of these bills.
- Pray that Gov. Rauner will be convicted of the spiritual ramification of allowing unrighteous bills to become law: He will ultimately be held accountable to Almighty God for his decisions.
- Pray that pastors and Christians would be vocal advocates for Christ in public discourse and defending sound legislation.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
Ready to take the next step? Get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-mail list, contact me and I will be happy to do so.