CWA of Illinois condemns the latest procedures by the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) that forces the acceptance of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) lifestyle upon ALL social workers and foster families. Failure to adhere to these new policies will result in dismissal from one’s role.
On May 6, 2017, Illinois DCFS Director George Sheldon signed enhanced department procedures to be followed when providing services to LGBTQ children and youth in the department’s care. The policy states, “… will not tolerate exposing LGBTQ children and youth to staff/providers who are not supportive of children and youths’ right to self-determination of sexual/gender identity.” Click here to read the DCFS press release concerning these new procedures.
For more information about this issue, please read an excellent op-ed, Illinois Purges Social Workers And Foster Families Who Don’t ‘Facilitate’ Transgenderism, by Mary Rice Hasson. She is an attorney and a fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington D.C.!
Take Action: Please contact the following individuals and tell them you do not approve of the latest Illinois Department of Child and Family “enhanced” LGBTQ policies and demand that these policies be rescinded. Be sure to let them know that you are member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Write George Sheldon at Director’s Office, DCFS, 406 East Monroe Street, Springfield, IL 62701 and/or call (217) 785-2509.
- Email Bruce Rauner
- Contact your state senator and state representative. If you do not know who your legislators are, click here to find out their name and contact information based on your address.
- Pass this alert on to everyone you know, especially your pastors!
- If you haven’t already, be sure to take action on last Thursday’s e-alert concerning the transgender birth certificate bill.
- Pray for the churches in Illinois. Pray they will stand up like never before for what is right and oppose what is wrong. Pray for those who have been complacent, and that they might repent for their apathy.
- Pray the fear of the Lord falls upon the Illinois’ legislator and departments. Let them see that they are responsible to the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY for their laws, policies, and actions.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke.
CWA of Illinois
Ready to take the next step? Get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported completely through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-mail list, contact me and I will be happy to add you.