On the 46th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, Illinois’ Democrat Gov. J.B. Pritzker held a news conference at a Chicago Planned Parenthood office signing an executive order instructing “all government health insurance policies comply with the intent of abortion coverage set by Public Act 100-0538”, commonly known as HB40. HB40, the tax-payer abortion bill, was signed into law by former Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner and went into effect January 1, 2018.
Gov. Pritzker reiterated portions of his executive order at the news conference, “Today, on the 46th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, I’m proud to declare under my administration, the State of Illinois will be the most progressive state in the nation when it comes to guaranteeing women’s reproductive rights … all women should have access to reproductive health in Illinois, regardless of their employer.”
Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Illinois is disappointed that Gov. Pritzker would deliberately sign an executive order at a Planned Parenthood facility on the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade concerning a bill that is already law. As the nation’s largest women’s public policy organization, CWA of Illinois would prefer to see laws passed and executive orders written on issues that protect life and promote and protect women’s health.
Please pray that:
- Pastors and Christians will rally for the life of the unborn.
- Pro-life candidates will be elected to office in 2020.
- Women who are considering abortion will choose to bring their babies to full term.
- Contact Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s office and respectfully tell him you do not agree with his administration’s commitment to be the most progressive state in the nation when it comes to guaranteeing women’s reproductive rights – a “right” that takes the life of another human being. Be sure to let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know — especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
Please join me in prayer, “Dear Heavenly Father, please help us to have concern for the unborn and forgive us when we have been complacent on the issue of abortion. Amen.”
CWA of Illinois
Contact me today to find out how you can get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action group.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, send me your email address and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.
- Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.