DEADLINE: MAY 31 – Act now!
Last year, HB 40, ILLINOIS’ TAXPAYER-FUNDED ABORTION BILL, became the law of the land, legalizing taxpayer-funded abortions and redefining a fetus, who is created in God’s image, as a non-human.
- The new law removes all prohibitions on using tax dollars for abortions under Medicaid and removes the ban on state employees’ insurance policies paying for abortions.
- Pregnant girls from surrounding states can come over the border because of our Illinois Residency Intent Law and have their abortions at taxpayer expense.
- The law stated, “Remove language concerning the general assembly declaration that the unborn child is a human being from the time of conception.”
Because HB 40 did not contain an appropriation when passed into law, the state budget now has to decide how much will be allotted out of our Medicaid and health insurance funding. The Illinois General Assembly is winding up its work for the 2018 Spring session and will try to adjourn for the summer by tomorrow, May 31. Please act now!
Illinois State Rep. Peter Breen (R-Lombard) has warned that HB 40 may cost taxpayers up to $60 million per year. In addition he has said, “The people of Illinois totally reject taxpayer-funded abortions. Under HB 40, Illinoisans will be forced to pay for 20,000 to 30,000 abortions per year.”
Please pray that:
- The Illinois budget will not include elective abortion funding.
- Pastors and Christians will rally for the life of the unborn.
- Pro-life candidates will be elected to office.
- Women who are considering abortion will be convicted and make the decision to bring their babies to full term.
- Contact your state representative and senator today! Make yourself clear: “No elective abortions in the Illinois state budget.” Click HERE to find out their name and how to contact them. Feel free to leave a message after hours. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know — especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
LORD, rescue the unborn from abortion. Forgive us for our complacency. We say, “We knew nothing about this” (Proverbs 24:11-12), but You Who weighs the heart know everything.
CWA of Illinois
Contact me today to find out how you can get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action group.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, send me your email address and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.
- Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.