Will you help pass a great piece of legislation? An important bill relating to preferred pronouns and school policies on expressed gender was heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee members on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. A member of the committee, Sen. Larry Luick (R-District 25), sponsored the bill. See his contact information below and send Sen. Luick a message to thank him!
The First and Fourteenth Amendment rights of employees are being threatened. SB 2231 protects those rights! Forcing teachers to use “preferred pronouns” infringes on a teacher’s right to free speech and the free exercise of religion. Policies that require a student to be referred to by gender, non-binary, or plural pronouns, or other gendered languages that are different from the student’s biological sex violate the religious belief that God assigns sex at conception and is a conflict for those unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
Read Concerned Women for America (CWA)’s important information on this issue. Campus Insanity – Concerned Women for America and Back to School and “Gender Identity” Indoctrination – Concerned Women for America
CWA of North Dakota submitted written and online audio testimony on the bill. The Senate Judiciary members will be voting on SB 2231 as early as Monday, January 30.
The Senate Committee Members must hear from those who stand with us on prohibiting a public school from adopting a policy or practice regarding expressed gender. Please urge the committee members to give SB 2231 a do-pass recommendation.
Please Take Action:
- Email or call the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee listed below my signature line and ask them to vote a “Do Pass” on SB 2231. If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of North Dakota, please let them know. Do not hesitate to leave a message on their voicemail.
- Forward this email to family and friends! Every email message and every phone call are counted!
Please vote “Do Pass” on HB 2231. Protect the First and Fourteenth Amendment rights of Public School teachers.
Your name and town
Please Pray: Pray for our legislators on the Senate Judiciary Committee by name that God would give them the wisdom and understanding to accomplish His purposes.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee:
- Madam Chair Sen. Diane Larson (R–District 30) Email [email protected] |Cellphone 701-400-7218
- Vice-Chairman Sen. Bob Paulson (R–District 3) Email [email protected] |Cellphone 701-833-4752
- Vice-Chairman Sen. Jonathan Sickler (R–District 17) Email [email protected] | Cellphone 617-461-3072
- Sen. Ryan Braunberger (D-District 10) Email [email protected]|Cellphone 701-793-3406
- Sen. Judy Estenson (R-District 15) Email [email protected] | Cellphone 701-351-3375
- Sen. Larry Luick (R-District 25) Email [email protected] | Home Phone 701-474-5959
- Sen. Janne Myrdal (R-District 10) Email [email protected] | Cellphone 701-331-0946