The Parental Notice of Abortion Repeal and the Late-Term Abortion No Restricts bills that CWA of Illinois has actively opposed have been sequestered in an Executive sub-committee since the massive April 20 pro-life rally and lobby day. And now with the passage of pro-life bills in Alabama, Georgia, Ohio, and Missouri, as well as the influx of conservative judges to the bench, Planned Parenthood, pro-abortion legislators and proponents are working overtime to see that extreme abortion laws are fully established in Illinois and other states equally vulnerable.
It appears the Democrat supermajority is planning to amend the stalled bills and move them to a new shell bill named the Reproductive Health Act. If passed, the Reproductive Health Care Act , proposed in the House by Rep. Kelly Cassidy (D-Chicago), and in the Senate by Sen. Melinda Bush, (D-Grayslake), would repeal Illinois’ abortion law and replace it with what proponents and detractors agree would be the most liberal reproductive health care legislation in the country.
Highpoints of the bill, as cited in the ACLU Illinois account of the February 12, 2019, Planned Parenthood press conference, include:
- Repeal Illinois Abortion Law of 1975 including criminal penalties on doctors who commit abortion
- Repeal the Partial Birth Abortion ban, thereby allowing babies to be killed up to the time of birth
- Remove any and all regulations on clinics that commit abortion
- Repeal the Parental Notification Act of 1995
- Allow DCFS to use public funds to pay for abortions–which would be in addition to Medicaid
Please take action:
- Contact your state representative and state senator and urge him/her to oppose the Reproductive Health Care Act. Click here to find your senator and state representative’s contact information. Be sure to tell them you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to your family, friends, as well as churches in your area.
Please join me in prayer that the Church will wake up to the assault on the lifeof the unborn in Illinois and speak out against the Reproductive Health Act. Pray also for the hearts of the Illinois legislators that they will courageously vote against the bill.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
CWA of Illinois