We need you to act immediately to save our children and families from the invasion of the overreaching arm of our state government.
Last night, SB11 was subversively reconsidered for a 2nd reading in the Texas House of Representatives. The reason for this was so that they could add language via the Zerwas amendment, which is the whole of SB10. SB10 was defeated on a Point of Order earlier in the evening. (You can read about SB 11 and SB 10 in a previous alert here.)
Assuming SB11 passes third reading in the Texas House of Representatives today, it will then return to the Senate to concur on the amendments. The Senate is not expected to concur. Therefore, it will be assigned to a conference committee (five members from each chamber to work out a compromise bill). It then goes back to both chambers for an up or down vote.
It is imperative for Concerned Women for America of Texas to stop this encroachment into the homes and families by the provisions of these two allegedly mental health mandates.
- Call your state senator and state representative immediately and firmly, but respectfully, ask them to:
- Please oppose SB11.
- SB11 is a huge expansion of a dangerous and expensive new bureaucracy complicit with the pharmaceutical companies and progressive groups.
- All children, including home and private schoolers, will be screened by physicians and caregivers in the name of “safety.”
- This bill establishes mental health telemedicine screening programs for “at risk” children. There is no definition for “at risk.” In this day, any child can be considered “at risk” and in need of assessment.
2. Click here to find your legislators. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Texas.
Pray for legislators to listen to their constituency and ignore the intimidating threats of the establishment no matter who is making the threats.
Thank you for your diligence and faithfulness,
CWA of Texas