SB 179, “Gender identity: female, male, or nonbinary,” is currently in the state Senate and is expected to be voted on any day. Your senator needs to hear from you NOW!
SB 179 would:
- Allow those who currently disagree with the reality of their gender to make a sex change designation.
- Create a third gender: male, female or nonbinary.
- Redefine and obliterate the words male and female. These words will have no concrete meaning. It removes the very definition of a man and a woman. Anyone can use it.
- Render the individual’s original birth certificate as a false document. In a sense, it allows individuals who wish they were the opposite sex to falsify their birth certificates.
- Contact your senator today! If you know who he/she is, click here to find their contact information. If you don’t know who your senator is, click here to find out their name and contact information based on your address. Respectfully, yet firmly, ask him/her to vote “NO” on SB 179. Leave a message after hours if necessary. Remember to let him/her know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of California.
- Please forward this e-alert to your family, friends, pastors, and congregation members.
- That the Senate will be convicted of the reality that a person is biologically a male or female and that God made it so.
- That the Senate will acknowledge that just because one desires to be a member of the opposite sex does not make one a member of the opposite sex.
- For your senator by name as you contact him/her.
- That pastors and Christians would defend the Biblical definition of male and female.
- That SB 179 will not pass in the Senate.
In today’s relativistic society, individuals can be whatever gender they feel—a policy which breaks down the biological classifications that humans have held throughout history. The transgender movement is a highly gnostic philosophy which undermines God’s authority.
“(Gnosticism’s) dogma is really about rejecting external authority and fixed reality in favor of self-empowerment, self-actualization, and some level of self-deification … transgenderism, joined now by post-genderism, insist individual thoughts, yearnings, and self-identities trump physical realities and universal truths.” – Mark Tooley, President of the Institute on Religion and Democracy
Proponents of SB 179 want to allow people to change the “gender marker” on their California birth certificate and driver’s license. If this law goes into effect, one’s gender status will be based entirely on a personal choice or a feeling
Gender is a fact and not a feeling. What if a biological male changes their “sex designation” to female and after two years wants to change it back again and so on, all based on how he feels at the time? How long will legislators pander to pseudo-science babble?
Click here if you would like to read SB 179 and track its status.
Check out this great CWA brochure on this topic: Since When are Feelings > Fact?