Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Maine asks you to act immediately on this pro-life bill.
The Judiciary Committee’s public hearing on Rep. Ellie Espling’s (R-District 6) bill, L.D. #327, “An Act to Allow a Wrongful Death Cause of Action for the Death of a Viable Fetus,” will be held this Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. I will be present at the hearing and will be testifying on behalf of CWA of Maine in support of L.D. #327.
This bill provides for a cause of action for the death of an unborn child, if the child has reached at least 24 weeks of gestation. In other words, a civil action may be brought against anyone who causes the death of a fetus wrongfully. The bill is bipartisan and excludes the mother or a health care provider.
More than 35 states allow a wrongful death cause of action for an unborn child. All New England states except Maine have this law.
If you have not already, as instructed in our April and May News Reports, please contact each member of the Judiciary Committee – TODAY!
- Please contact members of the Judiciary Committee by clicking on each email address Ask them to support L.D. #327.
- If time allows, thank Ellie Espling ([email protected]) for introducing L.D. #327.
Please Pray for the success of L.D. #327. That the life of the unborn would be respected
Ready to take the next step? Consider getting more involved with CWA of Maine.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Maine. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, go to our national website and plug in your information under “STAY INFORMED”. You will then receive both national and state e-alerts.
Yours for Life,
864 Manchester Rd
Belgrade, ME 04917