Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Maine asks you to act immediately on this pro-life bill.
The Judiciary Committee’s public hearing on Rep. Ellie Espling’s (R-District 6) bill, L.D. #327, “An Act to Allow a Wrongful Death Cause of Action for the Death of a Viable Fetus,” will be held this Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. I will be present at the hearing and will be testifying on behalf of CWA of Maine in support of L.D. #327.
This bill provides for a cause of action for the death of an unborn child, if the child has reached at least 24 weeks of gestation. In other words, a civil action may be brought against anyone who causes the death of a fetus wrongfully. The bill is bipartisan and excludes the mother or a health care provider.
More than 35 states allow a wrongful death cause of action for an unborn child. All New England states except Maine have this law.
- Please contact members of the Judiciary Committee by clicking on each email address Ask them to support L.D. #327.
- If time allows, thank Ellie Espling ([email protected]) for introducing L.D. #327.
Please Pray for the success of L.D. #327. That the life of the unborn would be respected
Ready to take the next step? Consider getting more involved with CWA of Maine.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Maine. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, go to our national website and plug in your information under “STAY INFORMED”. You will then receive both national and state e-alerts.
Yours for Life,