On Tuesday, on behalf of 12 Illinois legislators, 10 citizen organizations, and a diocese of the Roman Catholic Church, the Thomas More Society, the pro-life, pro-family, pro-faith, non-profit legal group, filed an appeal that would halt the implementation of Illinois’ controversial H.B. 40 mandate. Click here to read the appeal.
This bill forces the economically distressed state’s taxpayers to fund tens of thousands of non-budgeted abortions in 2018 for women carrying Medicaid or state-employee health insurance coverage. This includes full-term abortions, even though scientific research has shown that the unborn child can feel pain and survive outside of its mother’s womb.
CWA of Illinois stands with the Thomas More Society and pro-life groups who are defending the lives of the unborn by standing against taxpayer-funded abortions. Please keep this matter in your prayers. May God’s will be done.
Thomas More Society attorneys, including Special Counsel Peter Breen (Rep. Peter Breen [R-District 48]), are sponsoring the lawsuit with Illinois legislators, who include:
- Mark Batinick (R-District 97)
- Jeanne Ives (R-District 42)
- Charlie Meier (R-District 108)
- Steve Reick (R-District 63)
- Barbara Wheeler (R-District 64)
- Keith Wheeler (R-District 50)
- Neil Anderson (R-District 36)
- Dale Fowler (R-District 59)
- Sam McCann (R-District 50)
- Kyle McCarter (R-District 54)
- Dan McConchie (R-District 26)
- Paul Schimpf (R-District 58)
- That this appeal is upheld, overturning H.B. 40 and preventing taxpayer-funded abortions in Illinois. That the Church stands publicly in defense of life.
- For pro-life individuals to be elected to the Illinois General Assembly as well as other positions of power.
TAKE ACTION: Please contact your representative and/or senator if they are on the list above. Thank them for signing on to the appeal. Click here for your representative’s contact information, and click here for your senator’s. Be sure to mention that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
CWA of Illinois
Partner with CWA of Illinois through your financial support.
We are continually grateful for those who give to the work of CWA of Illinois. When you give to the state, all funds are used for state projects. To contribute your tax-deductible gift to CWA of Illinois, please send a check written out to “Concerned Women for America” with “CWA of IL” on the memo line, and send to CWA of Illinois, 1255 W. Empire Street, Freeport, IL 61032. Or, click here to contribute online.
Your involvement, financial gifts, and prayers could not be more appreciated. Thank you!