Whether you live in Plano or not, it is important that you continue to read.
On December 8, 2014, an ordinance for the city of Plano, Texas was filed to amend “… Section 2-11, to be renamed Equal Rights Policy, of the City of Plano Code of Ordinances, adopting an expanded policy based on protected characteristics; and prohibiting discrimination in places of public accommodation, employment practices, housing transactions and city contracting practices …” Click here to read the ordinance in its entirety.
This ordinance is a direct threat to the freedoms of the residents of Plano, Texas! It will affect our religious freedoms and business policies. Additionally, it provides the opportunity for physical harm to come to women and little girls. Read more about this in the Texas Pastor Council’s letter to Plano’s Mayor Harry LaRosiliere.
The Texas Pastor Council has launched a referendum petition drive that under the city charter requires the city council to either repeal the entire ordinance or place it on a special election ballot for a vote of the people.
Please join Concerned Women for America and multiple other pro-family groups to assist in these petition efforts. You are needed!
The petitions need to be delivered to Prestonwood Baptist Church, a primary collection station, by January 15, 2015, and the petitions must be delivered to Plano City Secretary by 5:00 p.m., January 20, 2015. A minimum of 3,822 signatures must be recorded but many more signatures will be needed in case any names are ruled ineligible.
Although citizens who gather signatures or sign the petition must be citizens of Plano, there is much both Plano and non-Plano citizens can do.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Click here to view and print the petition. Sign it and take it with you to church, social events, etc. to get others to sign it. Fill as many sheets as absolutely possible. [Be sure to read the instructions on how to complete and return the petition.]
- Use social media to alert your friends in Plano about the ordinance. Encourage them to print, sign and gather signatures as well as encourage others to do the same.
- Volunteer to help validate the signatures. Watch for more information to come on this.
- Be watchful in your city or town via TV and newspapers. Rumor has it that others are considering similar ordinances. Alert us should you hear such information.
HOW YOU CAN PRAY:
- Pray regularly for those involved in defense of righteousness in this situation.
- Pray the efforts of the opposition will be thwarted.
- Pray that way over 3,822 signatures will be delivered to the Plano City Secretary.
Please forward this e-mail immediately to those you know in Texas for the purpose of both prayer and action.
Additional information can be obtained at planoequalrights.com.