Do you have a female relative who plays sports in Texas, or do you have friends with daughters in school sports? If you answered yes to either of these questions, be aware that the athletic opportunity for female athletes is at risk in Texas. I have written to you recently about the threat to girls’ sports here and here.
What’s the problem?
Several of the girls’ sports bills in the Texas legislature are languishing in committee or have not yet been referred to any committees. Why the stall? It’s because the Left has the backing of 43 major companies that oppose Texas bills to protect girls’ sports. This type of financial pressure seems to be causing lawmakers to waver on what they know is the right thing to do.
We need your help!
HB 1458 appears to be the only bill left alive in the legislature to protect women’s sports in the state. If passed, the bill would provide a level playing field for female athletes from kindergarten through college by prohibiting males identifying as females from participating in female sports.
Let’s move this bill!
Six governors have signed into law legislation protecting female athletes. It’s time Texas joins these trailblazing states!
Contact the following leaders and urge them to use their influence to move HB 1458 today!
- Greg Abbott (Republican) – Ask Gov. Abbott to put his support and influence behind HB1458. Email | (512) 463-2000
- Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick (Republican)- Ask LG Patrick to support the movement of HB1458. Email | (512) 463-0001
- Speaker of the House, Dade Phelan (Republican) – Ask Speaker Phelan to encourage the State Affairs Chairman, Rep. Paddie, to schedule a hearing for the bill. Email | (512) 463-1000
- Speaker’s Director of Policy, Jay Dyer – Let him know we want the bill to get a hearing and passage. Email | (512) 463-8278
- Chris Paddie (Republican), Chairman of the State Affairs Committee – Rep. Paddie is a co-author of this bill. Ask him to schedule a hearing in the committee he chairs. Email | (512) 463-0556
Please Pray for the elected officials of Texas:
- Pray for clarity regarding what is true and right.
- Pray for boldness and courage.
- Pray they will fight to defend the birthright of every young girl in Texas, no matter the cost.
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other,
or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” Matthew 6:24