Four Illinois House Members, Kelly Cassidy (D-District 14), Robyn Gabel (D-District 18), Greg Harris (D-District 13), and Sarah Feigenholtz (D-District 12), have re-introduced HB 1785, the Birth Certificate Designation Act. This bill closely resembles last year’s House Bill 6073, which was approved in committee, but not voted upon by the full House before the end of the legislative session.
HB 1785 is currently in the House Rules Committee. Each committee member needs to hear from you as well as your representative! If it passes the committee as it did last year, it will go right to the House floor for a vote. Click here if you would like to read HB 1785 and track its status.
Proponents of HB 1785 want to “update and modernize” a more than 500-year-old law to allow people to change the “gender marker” on their Illinois birth certificate. Under the current Illinois law, a person must provide documentation that he/she has undergone gender reassignment surgery.
HB 1785 would:
- Allow those who currently disagree with the reality of their gender to make a sex change designation.
- Change the wording “sex change” in the existing law to “change of sex designation,” to alter the meaning of sex (it has been biologically proven that no person’s sex genetically can be changed, even with gender reassignment surgery).
- Render the individual’s original birth certificate as a false document. In a sense, it allows individuals who wish they were the opposite sex to falsify their birth certificates. Just because you want an apple to be an orange doesn’t make it so.
Recently, transgender proponents have coined the gender-identity words “transgender,” “transman,” “transwoman,” “cisgender,” “cisman,” and “cisgender” in their attempt to give credence to their pseudo-science. The term “gender marker” is made up terminology that allows a doctor to now “assign” a baby’s sex at birth rather than” identify” a baby’s sex at birth.
What if a biological male changes their “sex designation” to female and after two years wants to change it back again and so on, all based on how he feels at the time? How long will legislators pander to pseudo-science babble?
- Contact each member of the House Rules Committee. Urge them to vote “NO” on HB 1785. Click here for their names and contact information. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Contact your state representative and ask him/her to uphold birth certificates as legal documents and vote “NO” on HB 1785 if it comes to the full House for a vote. If you know who he/she is, then click here to find their contact information. If you don’t know who your representative is, then click here to find out their name and contact information. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this e-alert to your family, friends, pastors, and congregation members.
- That the 100th General Assembly be convicted of the reality that a person is biologically a male or female and that God made it so; that they will stick to the realm of reality of just because one desires to be a member of the opposite does not make a one a member of the opposite sex.
- For your representative by name as you contact him/her.
- That pastors and Christians would defend the Biblical definition of male and female.
- That HB 1785 will not make it to the full House for a vote.
Great CWA brochure on this topic: Since When are Feelings > Fact?
Contact me today to get involved with CWA of Illinois!
Join or start a Prayer/Action group.
Receive Illinois alerts and notices of CWA of Illinois events.
Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.