Opposition to the “Women’s March”
CWA Home Team Captain Beth Spitzer’s letter to the editor regarding the “Women’s March” held in Rapid City was published in the Rapid City Journal. Click here to read Beth’s letter.
An amendment was placed in the bill; therefore, it must return to the Senate for concurrence before it goes to the Governor for his signature. Check the Senate votes here.
We would like to pick up more YES votes in the Senate by targeting the following:
Sen. Blake Curd (R-District 12) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Kris Langer (R-District 25) – email@example.com
Sen. Terri Haverly (R-District 35) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Jordan Youngberg (R-District 22) – email@example.com
- Phone the Senate lobby at (605) 773-3821 and leave a message for your senator. Urge him/her to “Support Concurrence of SB149, the bill to protect the religious liberty of faith-based child-placement agencies.” If one of the senators listed above is your senator, please make an extra effort to both e-mail and call them. To find out who your senator is and their e-mail address, click here.
Consider making some of these points within your e-mail:
- Our religious liberties are protected in the First Amendment, “Congress shall make no law … prohibiting the free exercise [of religion].” Yet our religious liberties are increasingly being threatened.
- Several faith-based adoption agencies in other states have closed their doors when coerced to violate their sincerely held religious tenets.
- South Dakota faith-based child-placement agencies receive no state funds for their services.
- There are over 1500 attorneys in South Dakota, plus other agencies who can facilitate adoptions.
- SB149 would simply allow South Dakota faith-based child-placement agencies to continue to do the work they have been doing for decades.
- Forward this e-alert on to others and encourage them to pray and take action on this important issue.
PRAY: Please be in prayer for this important legislation that our God grants wisdom to our legislators.
Thank you for your engagement on the issues! We couldn’t do it without you.