Do you or someone you know live in Fairfax County? If so, please read the following important information and pass it along to any parents of students in the Fairfax County Public School (FCPS) District.
We reached out to you in July regarding the new transgender “guidelines” that were to be implemented into the curriculum by the Fairfax County Public School Board. You made your voice heard then, and now we want to inform you about the latest regarding the newly revised Family Life Education (FLE) curriculum as well as the added “gender identity” section of the FCPS nondiscrimination clause and Policy 1450 – neither of which has been well-explained by the School Board.
It has become evident that your elected representatives on the School Board are making decisions with little parental input and involvement, and they have not clearly defined what the actual policies will mean for teachers, students and parents.
In response, the Concerned Parents and Educators of Fairfax County have put together a Parent Information Package which contains valuable information and important opt out forms.
Click here to view the Parent Information Package.
They have also written a letter to FCPS parents, you can view it here. In summary, the letter asks for a few action items:
- Decline to sign the Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) Handbook. How can we sign when we don’t know what it means?
- Opt out of Guidance, Health, and other lessons that include “gender identity.”
- Opt out of the newly revised Family Life Education (FLE) program, which is needlessly explicit and age inappropriate.
- Opt out of the Youth (Sex) Survey that educational bureaucrats use to justify including progressive and anti-family material in curricula.
- Voice your opposition to the controversial, nontransparent transgender Policy 1450 by writing to the School Board and Superintendent Garza (at [email protected] and [email protected]), and attending the next FCSB Meeting, September 8, at 7:00 p.m., at Luther Jackson Middle School to ask for answers.
Pray that God would guide the members of the FCSB and school boards across America as they make policy decisions this year. Ultimately, pray that God would show students across the nation their true identity is found in Christ alone.
This policy is not just about bathrooms. It would involve locker rooms, overnight sports, academic trips, and more. It even has the potential to have female and male sports team implications as well.
Parents, we must respectfully make our voices heard to the School Board in order to protect the safety of our children.
Thanks in advance for your action!