A hearty “Merry Christmas!” to you from Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Georgia. I pray this letter finds you enjoying the blessed Christmas season as you celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As we come to the end of another busy and productive year, we at CWA of Georgia want to pause and pass along some of the accomplishments and blessings of 2016 to our faithful members and supporters. We want you to know how much we appreciate your participation in our work. Your prayers are always appreciated and without them our work would not be fruitful.
Legislation, Policy and Events
- Lobbied full-time under CWA Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC) as volunteers during the Georgia legislative session.
- Lobbied under CWALAC tirelessly for the passage of a broad-based religious protections bill that was passed by the state legislature, only to be vetoed by the governor.
- Lobbied under CWALAC against and successfully stopped a state-level casino gambling bill and a public accommodations bill (i.e., “bathroom bill”).
- Testified under CWALAC before several House and Senate committees.
- Partnered with several other faith-based organizations and schools to sponsor Georgia’s first Religious Freedom Day at the State Capitol.
- Spoke at a press conference under CWALAC in response to Gov. Nathan Deal’s veto of the religious freedom bill.
- Participated in a press conference for Dr. Eric Walsh who was fired from a state job because of his religious beliefs.
- Lobbied our Georgia Congressional delegation in Washington, D.C. under CWALAC.
- Attended CWA’s 100 No More Human Rights Prayer Rally in Washington, D.C.
- Sponsored our 13th Annual Encourage-A-Legislator Prayer Project. Over 70 faithful members prayed for and encouraged our state lawmakers during the Georgia legislative session.
- Met with the State School Superintendent, the State Board of Education Chairman, local school board members and local school district leadership to educate and voice opposition under CWALAC to the U.S. Department of Education directive on school bathrooms.
- Actively opposed a private grant taken by the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) to develop Social-Emotional Learning standards. I met with the State School Superintendent, State Board of Education members and several state legislators to educate on the dangers of these types of standards. Because of the pressure put on the GaDOE by CWA of Georgia members, the grant money was returned. This was an enormous victory!
CWA Is On The Move in Georgia – Will You Join Us In 2017?
I hope you will prayerfully consider joining with CWA of Georgia in one or all of the following ways:
- Prayer/Action Chapters – The heart of CWA is prayer and action, and we believe we will only see change in our nation when we as God’s people commit to both prayer and action. We want to grow our Prayer/Action Chapters by five in 2017. Consider starting a local Chapter where members meet monthly to pray and act on issues affecting the family and our Judeo-Christian values. Learn more about our prayer/action chapters
- Encourage-A-Legislator Prayer Project – 2017 will include our 14th Annual Encourage-A-Legislator Prayer Project. We would love to have you on our team of encouragers and intercessors. Sign up today! Encourage a friend to do the same!
- Encourage-A-Legislator Day at the State Capitol – Join us for our very first Encourage-A-Legislator Day at the State Capitol on February 8, 2017. Details about the event will be e-mailed to participants in the EAL project.
- 100 No More Human Rights Prayer Rally – CWA of Georgia will host one of CWA’s 100 No More human rights national prayer rallies. In 100 years, Planned Parenthood has aborted over seven million babies. Over 30 percent of all Planned Parenthood abortions are performed on black mothers. We unite our voices and pray, “100 No More!” Details about the event will be e-mailed and posted on our state webpage (ga.cwfa.org).
- CWA/YWA Partnership Event – We are in the planning stages of hosting our first ever event with CWA’s Young Women for America (YWA). We covet your prayers as we begin to plan this great event. Watch for more details to follow!
- CWA of Georgia Leadership Team – To have an even greater impact in the state, CWA of Georgia is growing our state steering committee and grassroots activist team. Please pray for our state organization in this area, that the Lord will raise up like-minded women and men to help advance His kingdom values in the public policy arena. Perhaps the Lord might be moving you to get more involved with CWA of Georgia. Learn more about the positions here. Contact CWA of Georgia by phone at 770-617-1987 or email for more information on how you can get involved.
- E-alert Response Team – Commit to faithfully praying and acting on the e-alerts we send out and forwarding them on to friends and family. Sign up today if you aren’t already on the list by e-mailing us at [email protected].
The Lord has called CWA of Georgia to be both salt and light in our state. We are working diligently in Georgia – standing for what is righteous, fighting for life and upholding faith and family. But we cannot do this work as effectively without you.
Your generous tax-deductible year-end gift to CWA of Georgia will help us continue working on your behalf and our beautiful state. To support us financially, make your check payable to “Concerned Women for America” and send to CWA of Georgia, PO Box 671374, Marietta, GA 30066, or donate online. You will be sowing seeds into good soil!
Please know that what you do makes a difference! We encourage you to continue standing for righteousness with us so that Biblical values are restored to our nation. Let’s honor God and His Word!