Dear CWA friends,
Let me introduce myself as the new CWA of Illinois State Director. I look forward to what God has planned for CWA of Illinois as we engage in the battle before us.
The Lord placed in my heart the urgency to stand for righteousness and to pray for our nation after the tragedy of 9/11.
Having experienced a decade of political activism as well as involvement with the National Day of Prayer Task Force as a Regional Coordinator, I considered joining CWA as a Prayer/Action Chapter Leader. CWA’s combination of prayer and activism crosses political party lines and Biblically fulfills God’s commandment in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and change their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive them and heal their land.”
America is in a spiritual and cultural battle. We are fighting against invisible forces and principalities. To win this battle we must put on the Spiritual Armor of God and pray. The Lord promises to fight this battle with us. He is totally in command! If God is for us, who can be against us?
CWA has been on the frontline protecting Biblical principles in all areas of public policy for the past thirty-five years. To help in America’s return as a God-fearing nation, we must increase our efforts through the work of CWA.
Please consider involvement in the following areas (You are needed!):
• Host a CWA informational meeting in your home.
• Attend or start a Prayer/Action Chapter in your church or community. Click here for more information.
• Become involved in the “Encourage-A-Legislator” program. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to encourage and pray for our legislators on a regular basis. Watch for more information on this via e-mail as we launch it within the next few months.
• Become a Home Team Captain. A Home Team Captain doesn’t hold meetings but instead forwards information they receive from CWA on legislation to the members of their Home Team and encourages them to pray, learn and take action on the issues.
• Renew your CWA membership online via the CWA of Illinois page. All donations submitted on the Illinois page go directly to CWA of Illinois to be used in building the organization to educate and engage Illinois citizens on public policy issues. CWA of Illinois cannot function effectively without a budget. As my pastor so aptly states, “Money is like oxygen, you need it to live!”
• Participate in our events in your area. We are already planning a luncheon in Northwest Illinois on November 1, 2014, with Bill Federer as the speaker. He will address the issue of radical Islam and its current influence in America. Watch for information on this to come as well as other events.
Most importantly, please pray. Pray for CWA of Illinois as we build up the grass roots for the work before us. Pray for us as we will soon gear up for the 2015 state legislative session. Pray for God’s guidance as we educate the public on the seven core issues of CWA: Sanctity of Life, Defense of Family, Education, Religious Liberty, National Sovereignty, Sexual Exploitation, and the Support for Israel.
Together we will fulfill the CWA Vision for “like-minded women and men, from all walks of life, to come together and restore the family to its traditional purpose and thereby allow all members of the family to realize their God-given potential and be more responsible citizens.”
Thank you for your support and involvement in CWA of Illinois. I look forward to hearing from you!
CWA of Illinois