A vote is expected any day now in both the House and Senate. Please take action immediately!
In a brazen attempt to indoctrinate public school age children K-12 to embrace the LGBTQ lifestyle, State Sen. Heather Steans (D-Chicago) and State Rep. Anna Moeller (D-Elgin) have sponsored identical bills in both houses of the Illinois General Assembly.
Known as the SCH CD-LGBT-UNIT OF INSTRCTION, SB 3249 and HB 5596, if passed, would mandate that K-12 public school classes include in its curriculum a unit of instruction studying the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the history of this country and this state.
When was the last time someone was commended for something because of their sexual preference? This is not logical; it is an affront to our religious beliefs.
This legislation would put schools in the position of proselytizing Illinois children. Schools would be mandated to brainwash impressionable school-aged children into believing the LGBTQ is a healthy, legitimate lifestyle.
Both bills have passed out of committee, and are both expected to be voted on any day.
Please take action immediately:
- Contact both your senator and representative. Ask them to reject LGBTQ social engineering in public schools by voting NO on SB 3249 if you are addressing your senator and HB 5596 if you are addressing your representative. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois. Click here to find out who they are and how to contact them. Do not hesitate to contact them after hours. If you contacted your legislators last month after receiving our March 3 e-alert, do not hesitate to contact them again.
- Forward this e-alert to like-minded friends and family. Encourage them to pray and take action as soon as absolutely possible.
Please pray and ask the Lord to:
- Forgive us as the church for our complacency. May we strive to stand for righteousness and oppose evil laws.
- Put a halt to the LGBTQ’s anti-Christ agenda in Illinois and America.
- Touch the heart of your specific legislators. May He draw them closer to Himself unto salvation if they do not yet know Him.
The Bible calls us to be pro-active in protecting our children.
- Remember, “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin,” (James 4:17).
- Remember, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it,” (Proverbs 22:6).
- Remember, “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!” (Matthew 18:5-7).
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” — Edmund Burke
Become a part of CWA of Illinois! Together we can make a difference in our communities, state and country. Contact me today!
Please give a generous gift to assist CWA of Illinois in defending the family in our great state.