Dear CWA of North Carolina Friend,
Happy New Year! Concerned Women for America of North Carolina is excited to jump into 2015 with both feet and hope that you will join us in our efforts to glorify God in battling those powers that would tempt us to not speak the truth in love but rather be silent in fear. Please stand with us as we seek to be Christian patriots in our country, state and local communities.
As you may know, our state legislators had a swearing-in ceremony yesterday and our state’s legislative session begins January 28 and goes until mid-summer. Please know that CWA of North Carolina is committed to diligently monitoring legislation that comes before our state legislature that involves any of our seven core issues and then taking action accordingly to preserve our Judeo-Christian values.
There are so many ways you can make a difference through the ministry of CWA in 2015. Please read through the many opportunities for involvement below. Pray and ask the Lord what He would have you take part in and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
1. E-Alert Response Team – Commit to faithfully pray and act on the e-alerts we send. If you are not already on the list, simply e-mail us to sign up.
2. Prayer/Action Chapter Coordinator Position – One of our goals this year is to fill the position of Prayer/Action Chapter Coordinator within our state steering committee. This position oversees and encourages the prayer and action grassroots network of Chapters and Home Teams across the state. If you are at all interested, please read Opportunities for Leadership for more information. Training is provided.
3. Legislative Action Team – This year we are putting together something new, a Legislative Action Team. It will consist of several Legislative Action Team Members. This group of people will meet with North Carolina legislators in Raleigh to discuss the issues on which CWA of North Carolina is taking a stand. As a team, they will support each other in prayer and counsel as they meet with legislators as a team and in pairs as the need arises. Do you live in or near Raleigh? Do you know somebody who does who might be interested? Training is provided.
4. Like us on Facebook at Concerned Women for America of North Carolina – Enjoy the relevant quotes, videos, pics, etc. to inform and encourage you concerning the pressing issues of the day.
5. Prayer/Action Chapters and Home Teams – We have found that praying and acting on the urgent issues of the day is THE MOST effective way to make a difference. Consider joining the over 400 Prayer/Action Chapters and Home Teams in the nation to monthly pray and act on issues affecting the American family.
6. Young Women for America – YWA is a student-oriented initiative that brings active groups of young like-minded women together to pray for and to promote conservative values in their schools and the nation. North Carolina currently has YWA Chapters at Campbell University and Belmont Abby College. Please let us know if you know of someone who may be interested in information about starting a YWA chapter at her college or high school.
7. Partnering With CWA of North Carolina – A gift of $25 for annual membership or any amount as a tax-deductible donation to CWA of North Carolina is appreciated. Donate online or send a check to CWA of North Carolina, P.O. Box 472903, Charlotte, NC 28247.
We have several projects and events coming up about which we would like to give you information. We will give you more information as it becomes available. This is what we have planned so far:
1. In the spring, we plan to do our annual Day at the Capital in Raleigh. Enjoy a full day of fellowship, prayer, a legislative briefing with key legislators, CWA-led chapel service, meet your legislators in person and observe the state General Assembly in session.
2. On March 20, CWA of North Carolina will be joining 40 Days for Life at their various prayer vigil locations around the state at abortion clinics. The entire session runs from February 18 to April 26. To participate with CWA of North Carolina on March 20 and/or throughout the session go to the 40 Days for Life website to sign up. Mark your calendar now and invite a friend!
3. In April, May and June, we will run our Encourage-A-Legislator (EAL) program. The EAL program impacts state legislators in two ways. First and foremost, it intensifies and insures consistent prayer for each legislator. Second, it encourages and builds bridges with the conservative legislators as well as those who do not normally agree with CWA. As prayers are offered on behalf of the legislators and they receive your postcards, hearts are changed and encouraged. We provide the postcards, and you provide the prayer and a short encouraging word.
The lighthouse is pictured on the CWA of North Carolina website symbolizing that we are to be a light in the darkness. Our prayer for the New Year is that God will grant His wisdom to the Church, state leaders and national leaders to faithfully stand on the truth of God’s Word, thereby shedding Biblical light in the area of public policy.
Again, thank you for your faithful support of CWA of North Carolina. We look forward to standing with you in 2015 as we seek to glorify our Lord and Savior in protecting the family through prayer and action.