Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (D-District 12) wasted no time in re-introducing what was HB 4013 and, with very few changes, is now HR-40. The “new” bill still calls for taxpayer funding of Medicaid and state employees’ abortions.
We expect HR-40 to be voted out of the Human Services Committee any time. We need as many people as possible calling their representative now to ask them to oppose HR-40.
- Provides free Medicaid abortions with no restrictions. Abortions would be covered for any reason through all nine months of pregnancy, even if an unborn baby feels pain and can survive outside the womb.
- Removes the ban on state employees’ insurance policies paying for abortions.
- Provides no monetary cap to the number of abortions that could be covered by Medicaid.
- Removes language concerning the General Assembly’s declaration that the unborn child is a human being from the time of conception and is, therefore, a legal person for purposes of the unborn child’s right to life.
Not only does this force Illinois citizens to pay for the killing of the unborn, but it increases the number of those being killed. Per projections by Illinois Right to Life, “HR-40 could increase Illinois abortions as many as 12,000 more per year, based on data the last time that Medicaid funded abortions. That’s on top of the already 39,856 abortions per year. The ACLU admitted that 18-35% of those on Medicaid state they will not have an abortion unless it is free.”
Make your voice heard now against this legislation to protect the lives of the unborn! Urge your state representative to vote “No” on HB-40!
- The 100th Illinois General Assembly will be convicted of the reality that abortion is murder, and that they will be held accountable for their votes if they do not have the courage to do what is right.
- Pastors and Christians would rally for the lives of the unborn.
- HB-40 would be defeated.
- Contact your state representative today! If you know who he/she is then click here to find their contact information. If you don’t know who your representative is then click here to find out their name and contact information. Respectfully, yet strongly, encourage him/her to oppose the use of tax dollars going to murder pre-born babies by voting “NO” on HB-40. Be sure to let them know that you are associated with Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know – especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
LORD, rescue the unborn from abortion. Forgive us for our complacency. We say, “We knew nothing about this,” but You, Who weighs the heart, know everything. (Proverbs 24:11-12)
Get involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a local Prayer/Action chapter.
- Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.