Yesterday afternoon the Senate rejected S. 1881 to defund Planned Parenthood and make $500 million in federal funds available to other women’s health sources. Senate Bill 1881 failed to get the 60 votes required to have debate closed and a vote on the proposed legislation granted, with the results largely falling along party lines. Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin (D) and Sen. Mark Kirk (R) joined with the Senate Democrats in a vote of 53-46. Sen. Kirk was the only Republican to join the Democrats.
Unless the House of Representatives drafts a defunding bill, Planned Parenthood will continue to dissect and sell baby lungs, hearts, and brains for profit, making thirty to one hundred dollars per dead baby.
- Contact Senator Sen. Mark Kirk at (202) 224-2854 or by e-mail. Respectfully but firmly tell him you are angered by his “NO” vote on S.1881. Tell him that you noticed that he was the only Republican to vote “NO”. Remind him that he is accountable for his ANTI-LIFE vote.
- Contact Sen. Dick Durbin at (202) 224-2152 or by e-mail. Respectfully but firmly tell him you are angered by his “NO” vote on S.1881. Remind him that he is accountable for his ANTI-LIFE vote.
- Forward this alert to every pro-Life person you know and urge them to pray and take action on this issue.
- That there is a public outcry against the Senate rejection of S.1881.
- That Christians will humble themselves and repent for allowing millions of unborn baby to die in the womb.
- That the House of Representatives will draft a Planned Parenthood defunding bill.
- For protection and wisdom for The Center for Medical Progress, the organization that put out the videos.
- That State Houses will investigate Planned Parenthood Clinics’ policies and the organizations that benefit from aborted baby organs and body parts.
“Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die; save them as they stagger to their death. Don’t excuse yourself by saying, ‘Look, we didn’t know.’ For God understands all hearts, and He sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve.” Proverbs 24:11-12