Great News! Republican House members and one Downstate Democrat have filed resolution HR0671 to investigate Illinois’ Planned Parenthood clinics in Illinois.
The resolution is the result of recent undercover videos containing Colorado and California Planned Parenthood official’s conversations about the selling of aborted baby organs and tissue and your unrelenting pressure on our Illinois legislators. View disturbing videos.
Rep. Jeanne Ives (R-Wheaton), who sponsored the resolution that now awaits consideration in the Illinois House, said in a press release, “The gruesome revelations in this video go beyond the debate over abortion. If these practices are occurring in Illinois, they would be in stark violation of federal and state law.”
HR0671 “urges the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Illinois Executive Inspector General, the Illinois Attorney General, and the Illinois Department of Revenue to investigate:
- Planned Parenthood’s procedures for abortions, obtaining informed consent, and sale or donation of human fetal tissue across the State
- Organizations across the State who are involved in purchasing or accepting human fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood.”
Those joining Rep. Jeanne Ives (R-Wheaton) as co-sponsors of HR 671 include:
Patricia R. Bellock (R-Westmont), Barbara Wheeler (R-Crystal Lake), Mark Batinick (R-Plainfield), Thomas Morrison (R-Paletine), Margo McDermed(R-Mokena), Terri Bryant (R-Mount Vernon), Keith Wheeler (R-North Aurora), Robert Pritchard (R-Sycamore), David Reis (R-Olney), John Cavaletto (R-Salem), Brian Stewart (R-Freeport), Tom Demmer (R-Rochelle), Reginald Phillips (R-Charleston), Randy Frese (R-Quincy), Donald Moffitt (R-Galesburg), Ron Sandack (R-Downers Grove), Dwight Kay (R-Glen Carbon), Charles Meier (R-Highland), Joe Sosnowski (R-Rockford), David Harris (R-Alrington Heights), David McSweeney (R-Cary), Steven Andersson (R-Geneva), Tim Butler (R-Springfield), Dan Brady (R-Normal), Norine Hammond (R-Macomb), John Cabello (R-Loves Park), Adam Brown (R-Champaign), C.D. Davidsmeyer (R-Jacksonville), Jerry Costello II (D-Red Bud)*, Grant Wehrli (R-Naperville) and Sheri Jesiel (R-Gurnee).
The resolution will need Speaker Michael Madigan’s (D-Chicago) permission to be called for a vote on the Illinois House floor.
- Thank those Illinois State Representatives who co-sponsored HR0671 in an effort to investigate the activities of Planned Parenthood.
- If your representative is not on the list, urge them to support HR0671. Click here for Illinois House Directory. Click here to find out who your representative is.
- Contact the Speaker Madigan at (773) 581-8000 or e-mail him. Urge him to bring HR0671 to the floor for a vote.
- Forward this alert to your pro-life friends, family, and associates.
- For pastors and Christians to take a public stand against the evilness of abortion.
- For the Light of Truth to shine on the evilness of abortion.
- For abortion to be eradicated in America.
Thank you for your consistent pray and action on this issue. It is paying off!
“We have the duty to protect the life of the unborn child.” – President Ronald Reagan