Radical Left Lawmakers Draft Bill Condemning Pro-Life, Pro-Family Organization
Radical left lawmakers set their sights on the Illinois Family Institute/Illinois Family Action via an “official resolution” House Joint Resolution 55 that accuses the traditional family values organization of hate speech and other “bigoted” and hateful” stands. CWA of Illinois Stands with Illinois Family Institute/Illinois Family Action against this big government attempt to target political enemies.
- Condemns the extreme rhetoric of Illinois Family Action.
- Calls for a formal investigation into the group’s hate speech and threats.
- Asks that the Secretary of State’s office suspend the lobbying credentials of any individual working on behalf of Illinois Family Action or its parent organization, the Illinois Family Institute, until an investigation is complete.
- Calls for a review of security procedures in the Capitol Complex, including, but not limited to, the Secretary of State and the Illinois State Police.
HJR 55 appears to be a malicious abuse of government power in retaliation against the Illinois Family Institute for the unprecedented attendance of over 4,500 pro-life individuals who peacefully lobbied last month during Illinois Family Institute’s Pro-life Rally/Lobby Day to defeat HB 2495, the Reproductive Health Act, and HB 2467, the Parental Notice Abortion Repeal bill. The radical left is weaponizing legislation to silence a growing opposition to abortion by “legally” denying their First Amendment rights to assemble and petition our government in the name of tolerance, diversity, and love. Every American, regardless of political persuasion should stand squarely against such an unconstitutional abuse of power.
Take Action: Contact your state senator and state representative. Ask them to vote down HJR 55. Click here to find out who your legislators are and how to contact them.
Please pray with me, Father God, we stand in agreement with Your mighty promise in Isaiah 54:17 on behalf of the Illinois Family Institute/Illinois Family Action that “No weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the Lord, have spoken!” In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
Take the next step!
- Consider donating to CWA of Illinois online or write a check out to “Concerned Women for America,” put “CWA of IL” on the memo line, and then send it to CWA of Illinois at 1255 W. Empire Street, Freeport, IL 61032. Our state is run exclusively through donations. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.
- Visit the CWA of Illinois webpage to see how you can become involved in our organization.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, email me, and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.