Four pro-life and one abortion bill being considered in the Illinois House have been lumped together in one hearing on Wednesday, February 8, 2017.
Make Your Voice Heard! Babies Lives Depend on You!
Your State Representative needs to know your position on all five bills.
Rep. Barbara Wheeler (R-District 64), sponsor of two of the bills, stated on the day of the annual March for Life: “If Illinois can’t provide basic protections for women and those who can’t speak for themselves, then we have much bigger problems than our finances.”
OPPOSITION: HB 40 – reinstates taxpayer-funded abortions for Medicaid recipients and adds abortion coverage in state employees’ insurance plans. Bill sponsor: Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (D-District 12)
PROPONENT: HB 282 – prohibits abortions based solely on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, or diagnosis of Down syndrome or other disability. Bill sponsor: Barbara Wheeler (R-District 64)
PROPONENT: HB 283 – Creates the Ultrasound Opportunity Act by requiring an ultrasound be offered to anyone considering an abortion. Bill Sponsor: Rep. Barbara Wheeler
PROPONENT: HB 467 – Provides for the licensure of facilities that commit 50 or more abortions a year; requires certain standards; requires the Department of Public Health to annually conduct at least one unannounced inspection per year; provides patients be notified if a violation could threaten a patients’ health. Bill sponsor: Sheri Jesiel (R-District 61)
PROPONENT: HB 532 – Amends the Illinois Anatomical Gift Act by banning the sale of fetal tissue from abortions. Bill sponsor: Rep. Peter Breen (R-District 48)
Make your voice heard on these bills. If we don’t protect the unborn, who will? Clearly urge your state representative to vote “Yes” on HB 282, HB 283, HB 467, and HB 532. Ask him/her to vote “No” on HB 40.
- Fill out a witness slip for each bill. When filling out the Witness Slip, under “Firm, Business, Voter” write VOTER. Under “Title” write CITIZEN. Witness slips send a message that voters are aware of the bill and want their voice to be heard either as a Proponent or Opponent. Once you have filled out the first Witness Slip, you may file as many as you wish.
- Contact your state representative today! If you know who he/she is then click here to find their contact information. If you don’t know who your representative is then click hereto find out their name and contact information. Insist that he/she oppose the use of tax dollars to kill pre-born babies and Vote “NO” on HB 40.
- If available, attend and pray at the hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 188 at the Capitol Building, Springfield.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know – especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
- The 100th General Assembly be convicted of the reality that abortion is murder, and that they will be held accountable for their votes.
- Pray for your representative by name as you contact him/her.
- Pastors and Christians would rally for the life of the unborn.
- HB40 would be defeated.
LORD, rescue the unborn from abortion. Forgive us for our complacency. We say, “We knew nothing about this,” but He who weighs the heart knows everything (adapted from Proverbs 24:11-12).
CWA of Illinois
Get involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action group
- Receive Illinois alerts and notices of CWA of Illinois events
- Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.