WHEN is enough ENOUGH?
Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) proponents, buoyed by pro-abortion, pro-LGBQT victories last session, are eager to pass ERA while Gov. Rauner is in office. Rauner, who originally campaigned on the promise he would remain neutral on social issues, has a 100% record in signing horrific social issues bills into law – including tax-payer abortion and transgender birth certificate bills.
If passed, the ERA would:
- Add these words to the U.S. Constitution: “Equality of rights under law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State on account of sex.”
- Wipe out all ability to use any laws using gender as a defining characteristic therefore overturn workplace and family laws that protect women; privacy laws that define who may use gender oriented bathrooms and locker rooms; and religious freedom laws.
- Integrate same-sex and bi-sexual attraction into the U.S. Constitution.
- Be used to write abortion rights into our U.S. Constitution with the rationale that restricting access to abortion is a form of gender discrimination (since it singles women out for a physical aspect unique to them).
- Affect additional areas of life including social security, Medicare, health, insurance benefits, Medicare benefits, and more.
- In order to be added to the U.S. Constitution, the ERA needed approval by legislatures in three-fourths (38) of the 50 states by 1979.
- To date 36 states have ratified the ERA, one of which was after the 1979 deadline.
- If two more states ratify it, the U.S. Constitution can be amended if a suspension were given.
- From 1972 – 2017 the Illinois General Assembly has voted NO on ERA 13 times.
Click here to read it and track it through the Illinois legislature.
Pro-ERA proponents have never stopped working behind the scenes to ratify the ERA in states that have not yet ratified it such as Illinois, and this year is no different. Feminist Gloria Steinem wants to see the ratification of the ERA in her lifetime.
Thanks and Prayer:
- Thank the Lord for the many times He has held back the ERA in Illinois.
- Ask Him to intervene on our behalf once again.
- Contact your legislators. Tell them ERA is DEAD. Keep it that way. Click here to find out who they are and how to contact them. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
CWA MEMBERS! The ERA is the issue that birthed CWA in 1978! We stand strong and will not back down! Let’s stop the ERA once again!
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
CWA of Illinois
Become a part of CWA of Illinois! Together we can make a difference in our communities, state and country. Contact me today to find out how!