It is election season, and Concerned Women for America of Illinois says, “GET OUT THE VOTE! We’re in a battle for the soul of America, and this election will determine the direction America will go.” It is important to get conservative women and men registered to vote and to the polls this election cycle! I hope you exercise your right as an American by voting in the General Election on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. This is a courtesy reminder that you must be registered to vote by November 8, 2016, in order to vote in the General Election.
Get Involved in Illinois!
To vote in Illinois …
• You must be a United States Citizen.
• You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General Election.
• You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
• Not be convicted and in jail.
• Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Step #1 – Ensure YOU are registered to vote. (You can register to vote online.)
Go to the Illinois Voter Registration Page at https://ova.elections.il.gov/RegistrationLookup.aspx to check the following:
• Voter registration status
• Poll location
Step #3 – Ensure your family and friends are registered to vote. (Forward this e-alert to them.)
For additional information concerning the election, contact the election authorities in your jurisdiction: http://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionAuthorities/ElecAuthorityList.aspx?Selected=zSbfcjpmCowoELOTKz8rRWhNLoEm7yvA. There you will find:
• Early voting locations
• Elected Officials
• Registration information on file with the county office
• Sample ballot for the upcoming election
• Provisional Ballot Status
(Let the County Clerk know if the voter registration link is not active in your county.)
Step #2- Hold a registration event at your church
We would LOVE to hear back from you if you plan to hold a registration drive! Do not hesitate to contact CWA of Illinois by phone (815-297-2918) or e-mail ([email protected]) if you have any questions about holding a voter registration drive.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATES FOR ILLINOIS
• Vote by mail ballot requests deadlines: BY MAIL through Thursday November 3, 2016; IN PERSON through Monday November 7, 2016.
• Early voting by mail or in person: September 29 – October 11, 2016
• Grace Period voting: October 12 – November 8, 2016
• General Election: November 8, 2016
SEE WHICH PARTY LINES UP WITH YOUR VALUES …
Step #3- Review the Party Platform Comparison document.
We have included for you a comparison of the party platforms. Click here to view the 2016 Party Platform Comparison. You can review the Republican platform outlined in red and the Democratic platform outlined in blue. We want to urge you to take the time to look these over and pass them out to your neighbors, friends, church leaders, and anyone in your sphere of influence who could benefit from knowing the truth.
Thank you for your action!
CWA of Illinois