Do you, or someone you know, live in the city of Fayetteville? If so, we greatly need both your prayers and help. We urge all citizens to be in prayer for this issue.
It has come to our attention that Fayetteville City Council on Monday evening at 7:00 p.m., September 10, plans to attempt to add “gender identity” and “sexual orientation” to its non-discrimination policies. This is in direct violation of state law to reset SL 2016-3 of HB 142 that states, “No local government in this State may enact or amend an ordinance regulating private employment practices or REGULATING PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS.”
If these descriptions are added, Fayetteville’s public or private entities will be vulnerable to lawsuits such as the ones we see across our nation against people of faith. We’ve seen it in the news for years now, discrimination cases against bakers, photographers, printers, on and on. Their faith became illegal.
Please, do all you can to stand with the citizens and private businesses of Fayetteville. They need you!
Our hope is that if there is enough opposition, they will drop this controversial topic from the Monday night agenda.
- Pray that the City Council members will realize the onerous consequences if such an ordinance passes.
- Pray for each member by name. Ask the Lord to give them wisdom and courage.
- Please forward this on to all those you know in Fayetteville and ask them to both pray and act.
- If you live in the city of Fayetteville, please sign the petitionrequesting that the city council members do not pass the proposed ordinance amendment.
- If you live in the city of Fayetteville and have signed the petition, please contact each council member by email and/or phone. Click here to do so. Click on each name in the left column for their contact information. Make it easy – write out a message and copy and paste it into an email to each member.
- If you live in the city of Fayetteville, consider attending the meeting. It will be held in the Council Chamber at 433 Hay Street, Fayetteville.
- Mark your calendar to be praying at 7:00 p.m. for this meeting.
Note: Please do not take action if you do not live in the city of Fayetteville. It is imperative that they only hear from those this decision would affect.
For more information: An article in the Fayetteville Observer yesterday, Sexuality, Gender Spark Debate on Fayetteville Council, laid out the sides of the debate.
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:8-9).
In Truth and Righteousness,
CWA of North Carolina
Would you like to get involved with CWA of North Carolina? Join a Prayer/Action Chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
Would you like to partner with CWA of North Carolina! Please DONATE to CWA of North Carolina. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations. On the CWA of North Carolina website a lighthouse is pictured, symbolizing that we are to be a light in the darkness. In these dark days, we appreciate your contribution to CWA of North Carolina. Regardless of the amount, it will make a difference in North Carolina through prayer and action. Thank you for prayerfully considering this opportunity.
Do you want to receive CWA of North Carolina E-Alerts? If someone forwarded you this e-alert and you would like to be on our e-alert list, please contact me.