“The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount…If we don’t have a proper fundamental moral background, we will finally end up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the State.”― President Harry S. Truman
The coronavirus pandemic continues to be front and center when it comes to our personal liberties. L.D. 628is a good bill that would require a two-thirds vote of Maine’s Legislative Council to temporarily or permanently close a business or a civic or religious organization due to an emergency proclamation of the Governor intended to subside, clean up, or mitigate whatever danger may exist within an affected area during any state of emergency.
A hearing on L.D. 628 will be heard in the State and Local Government Committee on Monday, March 29.You can keep updated on the bill here L.D. 628.
- Contact the members of the State and Local Government Committee and ask them to support L.D. 628. Contact information for each committee member is below my signature.
- Contact your representative and senator and let them know you support this bill. You will find your legislators listed alphabetically by the town in which they live.
- If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Maine, be sure to let them know.
- Forward this information to friends and family and encourage them to do the same.
Please Pray: Dear Father, during this pandemic we’ve been dealing with for over a year, our freedoms have been jeopardized. We ask You to protect civic and religious organizations from government overreach. May our Maine governor not inhibit the free exercise of our rights You have bestowed on us. In Jesus’ Name. Amen
State and Local Government Committee Members
- Senator Joseph Baldacci, Chairman e-mail: [email protected]
- Senator Ned Claxton e-mail: [email protected]
- Senator Kimberley Rosen e-mail: [email protected]
- Ann Matlack, Chair e-mail: [email protected]
- Mark Bryant e-mail: [email protected]
- Lynn Copeland e-mail: [email protected]
- Donna Doore e-mail: [email protected]
- Kathy Downes e-mail: [email protected]
- Randall Greenwood e-mail: [email protected]
- Frances Head e-mail: [email protected]
- Sean Paulhus e-mail: [email protected]
- Walter Riseman e-mail: [email protected]
- Will Tuell e-mail: [email protected]