Good news! State Rep. Darren Bailey (R-District 109) has filed House Bill 341, which “provides that a school board may allow the motto ‘In God We Trust’ to be displayed in a conspicuous location inside or outside each school building”.
Co-sponsors of the bill are Rep. Andrew Chesney (R-District 89) and Rep. Chris Miller (R-District 110).
Earlier this month after Rep. Bailey was sworn in, he stated, “One of my first bills to sponsor will be to permit schools to prominently display the words ‘In God We Trust’ just like our American currency has on every dollar bill.” And last week Bailey said the current political climate shows a need for a return to Christian principles. “As a God-fearing Christian, I believe that the lack of such is the problem in our country today.” Is this not refreshing?!
Rep. Andrew Chesney says the bill would protect schools who do not wish to use the phrase. “It doesn’t force schools to do this. It just simply acknowledges that some may want to do this, and there might be some uncertainty if they can do this without the threat of lawsuits, so we hope that this bill would help clarify that.”
Several states, including Florida, Louisiana, Colorado, Mississippi, Virginia, and Arkansas, have passed bills to have the National Motto displayed in public schools throughout their state.
Please take action:
- Please contact your state representative and urge him/her to support of HB 341 SCH CD, In God We Trust Display. And, ask him/her to sign on as a co-sponsor as well. Click here to find out who your representative is and how to contact him/her. Be sure to let your representative know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to your family, friends, as well as, churches in your area.
Please join me in prayer that:
- There will be a return to Christian principles in our nation.
- School-aged children will see the National Motto displayed on their school buildings.
- School-aged children will be taught the truth about American’s Christian heritage.
- Illinois legislators will support HB 341.
History of IN GOD WE TRUST
“Our National Motto has a long history, and it is deeply interwoven into our heritage. The National Motto, ‘In God We Trust,’ was created by Act of Congress and signed into law on July 30, 1956, by President Eisenhower. The National Motto was affirmed in 2002, and then in 2011 the U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly (396 to 9) passed a resolution reaffirming the National Motto and encouraging the public display of this motto in all public buildings and public schools. Numerous state legislatures have passed similar laws and are encouraging schools and state offices to place a poster with the National Motto in every classroom.” – Delbra Pratt, State Director, Illinois Prayer Caucus Network
America was founded upon Judeo/Christian precepts. Belief in God is an important part of our identity as Americans.
Illinois native, President Ronald Reagan, warned about Christian complacency. We would be wise to heed his words:
- “Without God, a democracy cannot and will not long endure.”
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”
- “If we ever forget that we are One Nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.”
Bottom line: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” (Psalm 32:12)
CWA of Illinois
Contact me today to find out how you can get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Inquire if there is a Prayer/Action Chapter in your area and/or find out how to start one.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, send me your email address and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.
- Donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively through donations.