Question: When God opens the Red Seas in your life, what do you do? I don’t know about you, but I run with my feet and pray with my heart! That is where we are this evening in Texas, with our legislative session ending in one week.
Speaker of the Texas House, Dade Phelan (R-District 21), unexpectedly extended the time for House and Senate bills to be considered by the Texas House, giving Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Texas additional opportunities to see our bills enacted. Here is a brief status report on them:
- SB 7/HB 6, the Election Integrity bill, is in conference committee waiting for a consensus bill to take to both chambers
- SB 1311/HB 1399, the Gender Modification Prohibition bill has been advanced to the House Public Health Committee, then needs to be scheduled for floor debate by the House Calendars Committee
- SB 29/HB 1458, the protection for women’s sports to be free from transgender participation, has been scheduled on the House Major State Calendar for tomorrow with a negating amendment, reducing it to a study. It needs to be amended back to the original text and passed.
- SB 26/HB 1239, the protection against government closing places of worship will need to go to a conference committee between chambers for a consensus bill which will then need to go back to each chamber for adoption
- SB 442 is a bill that restricts public school curriculum from having sex-ed materials, which are inappropriate for students, and brings them under the guidance of parental councils.
ACTION AND PRAYER: Today, our prayer is action! Our CWA of Texas leaders are doing everything in their power to impact these bills. Our hope lies in the power of God to establish the prayers and work of His children. Therefore, I am asking you to pray without ceasing. II Chronicles 7:14: “If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”