Virginia garnered national attention this week after Delegate Kathy K.L. Tran (D-District 42) introduced legislation, HB2491, in a House Courts of Justice subcommittee that would have removed all protections in the second and third trimester of pregnancy that currently exist under the Virginia law. If you haven’t already, be sure to view this disturbing exchange between Delegate Tran and the Subcommittee Chair Delegate C. Todd Gilbert (R-District 15). Her vile legislation mirrors the bill recently passed in New York. Thanks be to God, it was defeated – but if it had passed, it would have removed all provisions under Virginia code in the later stages of pregnancy, including written informed consent, an ultrasound, and the need for a second opinion if the abortion may be done on the grounds of imminent death or impairment.
This video shined a bright and honest spotlight on exactly what these pro-abortion activists are doing, and it seems many in Virginia have awoken and are outraged. This is NOT what the pro-abortion activists wanted the public to see, and they are scrambling to discredit it.
Note, the upcoming campaign cycle is going to be a pivotal time because our Governor has urged pro-abortion candidates to run to replace pro-life leaders in the State House of Delegates and Senate. Gov. Northam has vowed to sign any pro-abortion bills that come across his desk.
Know that the Lord has activated His army in this battle! Yesterday, Speaker of the House M. Kirkland Cox (R-District 66) delivered a powerful speech (forward to 12:32:20) on the floor of the General Assembly explaining what is at stake in Virginia and in our country in this fight for life. Get the tissues ready, Speaker Cox’s remarks are powerful.
Please take action!
- Please e-mail your heartfelt thanks to Speaker Cox for his powerful sanctity of life speech yesterday. Be sure to let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Virginia.
- And, please reach out to your delegate and senator in Richmond and affirm once again that you support life and you encourage them to vote pro-life always. Click here to find out who your legislators are and how to contact them. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Virginia.
- If time allows, contact Gov. Northam. Respectfully encourage him to reconsider the issue of abortion. Be sure to let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America.
- Although we disagree with Delegate Tran and Gov. Northam, let us all agree in prayer that God will bring them a greater understanding through our letters and calls and the nudging of their consciences that the murder of babies is not reproductive health. May we always remain kind and loving when we represent the Lord’s values; some are reporting that Delegate Tran has been threatened with violence, and this is NEVER condoned.
- Pray for God’s continued blessings on this session in Virginia.