HB2 is at risk. Please urge our legislators to not make any change to HB2. Pray for their strength in the face of much opposition.
This week a draft bill surfaced that indicates some legislators are showing signs of significant cowering to the bullying of the NBA and big business. This bill would alter HB2. As some legislators strive to pacify both sides in the draft of this new bill, neither sides of this explosive issue are satisfied. Those of us in support of the common sense bill, HB2, do not want it weakened in any way. Those in opposition to HB2 will not accept any changes other than a complete repeal.
There are many concerning elements to this draft legislation. The most concerning is the recognition of a person who has had gender reassignment and would receive a document referred to as a “certificate of sex reassignment”. Therefore, it allows those individuals with sufficient paperwork into the bathroom of the gender with which they identify. One can’t help but to ask, how would this even play out? If I am in the ladies room, and someone who appears to be dressed like a woman, or a man dressed like a man, enters, do I ask that individual for their paperwork? No, this change alone to HB2 guts HB2.
We must continue to speak out strongly to Gov. McCrory and our legislators. They heard us before and rightly stood strong for the protection and privacy for women and children in our state. They must hear us again! Do not allow the bullies to gain any traction.
PLEASE TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION:
- Call and email Gov. McCrory at (919) 814-2000 / http://governor.nc.gov/contact/email-governor.
- Call Lt. Gov. Dan Forest at (919) 733-7350, Senate President Pro Tempore Phil Berger (R-District 26) at (919) 733-5708, House Speaker Tim Moore (R-District 1111) at (919)733-3451, and Rep. Dan Bishop (R-District 104) who introduced HB2 at (919) 715-3009. Encourage them to be strong in the face of the opposition. Urge them to continue to stand with the people.
- Call and email your legislators. Use the KeepNCSafe.com tool to find who represents you and how to contact each of them. Urge them to stand strong for HB2 which protects the privacy of our citizens.
- If you haven’t already, contact the corporations that have shamefully bullied the state of North Carolina after receiving thousands of dollars in taxpayer dollars through incentives. Click here for list and contact information.
- Go to KeepNCSafe.com, in which CWA of North Carolina is a coalition member, to read articles, talking points and more.
- Please pass this e-alert immediately to friends, family and churches.
PLEASE PRAY: “O my God, incline Your ear and hear. Open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by Your name. For we do not present our pleas before You because of our righteousness, but because of Your great mercy. O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because Your city and Your people are called by Your name.” (Daniel 9:18-19)
Thank you for all you are doing on this important issue. The nation is watching. We must stay strong!