Do this! Two birds with one stone. You can stand for parental notification for abortion and against assisted suicide with one petition drive!
URGENT – Oppose Assisted Suicide: As you know physician-assisted suicide (ABx2-15) was jammed through the California legislature in light-speed just a few months ago and then signed by the governor. We have one more course of action if we are going to attempt to turn back this horrendous piece of legislation, a referendum. If we can get enough signatures, we can pause ABx2-15 and put it on the ballot for the people to decide in November. If we do not gather enough referend signatures, ABx2-15 will remain law and assisted suicide will be normalized in California. Petitions are due December 15.
Support Parental Notification: Wouldn’t it be awesome if California joined the 39 other states who protect minor girls from having abortions without their parents’ knowledge? A girl can’t have an aspirin without parental approval, but they can have a life-altering abortion. This amendment to the California Constitution would affirm parental rights, keep minors from making life altering decisions apart from parental counsel, help battle human trafficking, and save unborn lives. These stories are exactly why we must do what we can to protect women, girls and babies. Petitions are due in early March.
This is our opportunity to act! Now is the time! Consider obtaining and collecting signatures THIS SUNDAY.
- For the hearts of people throughout the state to be moved to value and protect life.
- Pray for young ladies who face crisis pregnancies to choose life and to find real help through compassionate people and pregnancy resource centers.
- Pray for healing for women who have had abortions.
1. Get your hands on both of these petitions and get people signing!
2. Request petitions and carry them with you so you can have your friends and family sign them.
3. Hold a petition drive at your church. Click on the link and see how easy it is!
4. Please be sure that only one signature per person per petition is obtained. It is important that we be accurate.
5. Send in your signed petitions before December 15, 2015, if possible. The deadline for Parental Notification is in early March and the one for the Assisted Suicide Referendum is January 5.
“Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessing and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make . Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live.” ~Deuteronomy 30:19 (NLT)
In His service,
CWA of Southern California
CWA of Northern California