Please take action right now!
A non-binding Senate Resolution condemning the General Assemblies of North Carolina and Mississippi in regard to men and women’s bathrooms has been introduced into the Illinois State Senate by Sen. Emil Jones, III (D-District 14), Daniel Biss (D- District 9), Iris Y. Martinez (D-District 20), Heather A. Steans (D-District 7), Laura M. Murphy (D-District 28), Linda Holmes (D-District 42), David Koehler (D-District 46), and Michael Noland (D-District 22).
Known as SR1752, this Resolution, amongst many things,:
- Strongly urges the North Carolina General Assembly and the Mississippi Legislature to repeal laws recently passed that protect women and girls in regards to men using women’s public bathrooms.
- Urges the Illinois governor to prohibit all non-essential state travel to North Carolina and Mississippi until those states repeal these laws.
- Click here to read the resolution.
This resolution is scheduled late this afternoon to be heard in the Senate Human Services Committee. If passed, it will go to the full Senate for a vote.
Take Action NOW!
- Submit an opposition witness slip. They will be accepted through the conclusion of today’s hearing. To do so click here. Fill in your name, etc. Leave section “II. Representation” blank. Under “III. Position” select “SR1752” and “Opponent”. Under “IV. Testimony” select “Written Statement Filed” and type in your concerns concerning this resolution. It does not have to be long. Click “I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement” and then “Create (slip)”.
- Contact Gov. Bruce Rauner. Urge him to resist the bullying tactics of the LGBT community to legally force their lifestyle upon those who stand for traditional family values. Call him at 217-782-0244 and or e-mail him.
- Contact members of the Senate Human Services Committee and urge them to vote “NO” on SR1752. Click here for their names and contact information.
- Contact your State Senator. Urge him/her to OPPOSE SR1752. If needed, click here to find out who your senator is and how to contact him/her.
- Urge your friends and family to pray and take action today on this important issue.
- Illinois legislators will uphold traditional family legislation.
- Illinois citizens will rise up against the LGBT movement in all areas of government.
- God’s love will penetrate the hearts of Illinois legislators and citizens, and the truth of His Word will prevail in the Illinois General Assembly.
“God’s Word, contained in the Bible, has furnished all necessary rules to direct our conduct.” – The American Spelling Book: Containing the Rudiments of the English Language, 1807
Become involved in CWA of Illinois! Contact me today!