I am so excited at what happened in the Maine House of Representatives on Friday. The Wrongful Death bill, L.D. 327 was voted on, and we lost by only one vote, 72 to 71. If five of the Representatives who promised to vote with us had been in attendance, we would have won!
However, we have another chance! The bill has been sent to the Senate. If we prevail there, it will go back to the House for another vote. WE NEED YOUR HELP IMMEDIATELY!
The Senate is expected to vote on it any day! Click HERE to read the bill and check the status.
- Please go HERE to find your senator and representative’s name and contact information based on the town in which you live. Then contact them TODAY and ask them to support L.D. 327, Rep. Ellie Espling’s “Wrongful Death” bill. Let them know you will follow-up to learn how they voted. And, let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Maine.
- Pass this e-alert on to others and ask them to both pray and take action on this important issue.
We are encouraging you to contact both your senator and representative because once the Senate votes on it, we expect it to move quickly to the House for a vote.
Please Pray: Pray L.D. 327 will pass in both the Senate and House. Pray the rights of both women and children will be upheld.
It was fascinating to watch the pro-abortionists in the hallways working hard to garner a “no” vote on this bill and making it out to be something it isn’t. They tried to make lawmakers believe it would inhibit their agenda and threatened a rival in their next election if they didn’t vote their way.
The bill simply would allow Maine women the same rights allowed in 40 other states, including all the rest of New England, for a cause of action case in the event of an abusive or negligent action causing the death of their unborn child. Let’s not forget the dignity that the unborn child derserves!
This is timely, and needs your prayers, support and action today. May I count on you?
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Maine. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, go to our national website and plug in your information under “STAY INFORMED”. You will then receive both national and state e-alerts.