Greetings CWA friends,
President Obama’s recent nomination of Judge Merrick Garland to the U.S. Supreme Court requires our urgent prayer and action. This is extremely important. It may very well be the most significant thing we have prayed about for some time.
Prayer is our number one weapon; let’s use it! Taking action is our second; let’s do it!
Judge Garland’s D.C. Circuit record proves that he would be a reliable fifth vote (or sixth, if you count Kennedy) for many extreme liberal priorities, like gutting the First and Second Amendment, unleashing the abortion industry (think legalizing partial-birth abortion), and helping to maintain unaccountable bureaucratic agencies like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
“This is the most important battle of our lives.” ~ CEO and President of CWA Penny Nance
- Pray that any selection or nomination President Obama makes to fill the vacancy in the Supreme Court of the United States will not be acted upon by the Senate. Let’s pray for truth and justice in accordance with God’s will.
- Pray for the senators meeting with Judge Garland to be compassionate but forceful in expressing the deep concerns for our Constitutional Republic beyond the candidate himself (who has been caught in the middle of all this).
- Pray for Senators Boxer and Feinstein. Pray that their efforts to support Garland will be thwarted and that they would come to the understanding of God’s love for them. Amen!
PLEASE TAKE ACTION:
- Ask our U.S. Senators to not accept or vote on any nominations for the U.S. Supreme Court that are made by President Obama until after the elections and after the inauguration of the new President, whoever that may be.Though both our Senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, have been vocal in their support of Judge Garland, it is still very important to contact them. They need to know that Californian’s oppose their support of this nominee (and any future nominee) until the election is said and done.
Barbara Boxer (D)
E-mail Senator Boxer
Dianne Feinstein (D)
E-mail Senator Feinstein
- Thank Senator Chuck Grassley (R – Iowa), Chairman of the Judiciary Committee for his commitment to not allow any nominees a hearing. He needs our support now!
E-mail Senator Grassley
- Stay informed, regularly read about this issue at concernedwomen.org.
- View our video about Senate’s “Advice and Consent.” Share it! “The senate is not compelled to give consent. The president and nominee must earn it.” ~Madison Gesiotto
- Pass this e-information on to like-minded friends and family.
God bless America.