Your voice is needed! Obscene material has been found in at least 40 locations in K-12 grade schools and children’s sections of public libraries across North Dakota. It is reprehensible to have sexually explicit content accessible to children.
SB 2360, a good bill that passed in the State Senate, will be heard by the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 14. The bill protects minors by prohibiting the promotion of obscenity, objectionable materials, and obscene performance.
You can read my letter in the Fargo Forum , which provides more reasons SB 2360 is needed. Letter: We are grateful for lawmakers working to make libraries safe places for children – InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports
SB 2360 needs to pass. Taxpayers should not be forced to pay for material that is harmful to children. Also, allowing children to view sexually explicit material is sexual abuse as defined under the North Dakota Department of Human Services, Mandated Reporters.
Please Take Action:
Contact members of the House Judiciary Committee to ask for their support of SB 2360. Ask them to vote a “Do Pass” on SB 2360. The committee members are listed below my signature. If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of North Dakota, please let them know.
Send your own message or use the suggested message here:
Subject Line of email: Please vote “Yes” on SB 2360
Dear Representative _________,
Please vote to protect children. Obscene material does not belong in children’s sections of public libraries or K-12 grade school libraries.
Your name and town
Be sure to forward this email to family and friends! Every email message and every phone call are counted!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the gift of children. We pray those in authority protect children from evil influences. May our lawmakers have the courage to stand for righteousness.
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD. The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Psalm 127:3
Members of the North Dakota House Education Committee
- Chairman Lawrence Klemin (R-District 47) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 471-5802
- Vice Chairwomen Karen Karls (R-District 35) [email protected] or home phone (701) 258-6836
- Rep.Landon Bahl (R-District 17) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 340-7732
- Rep. Cole Christensen (R-District 24) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 659-1776
- Rep.Claire Cory (R-District 42) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 213-6553
- Rep. Donna Henderson (R-District 9B) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 370-3250
- Rep. SuAnn Olson (R-District 8) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 220-0907
- Rep. Nico Rios (R-District 23) [email protected]
- Rep. Shannon Roers Jones (R-District 46) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 630-6746
- Rep. Bernie Satrom (R-District 12) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 320-7239
- Rep. Mary Schneider (D-District 21) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 306-0860
- Rep. Lori VanWinkle (R-District 3) [email protected] or cell phone (701) 833-0586
- Rep. Steve Vetter (R-District 18) [email protected] or cell phone (612) 770-8689