Dear CWA Friends,
May you, the members of Concerned Women for America of South Dakota, know the blessings of God this Christmas, and may He grant you much happiness and peace!
As we contemplate this Christmas season, we are grateful that so many like-minded people join in the celebration of the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ our Savior, who took all our sins upon Himself. Thus, we are able to walk in faith in Him, knowing He will never forsake us.
The light of Christ shines for eternity because of the amazing gifts we have been given! “For unto us a Child is born; unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. —Isaiah 9:6″ The Holy Infant in the creche reminds us that we, as members of Concerned Women for America, must continually strive to represent God’s plan for His creation for the sake of our families and their futures, but also to preserve our religious heritage and the inalienable rights endowed by our Creator and ingrained in our nation’s founding documents.
As we come to the close of 2016, CWA of South Dakota is truly grateful for your participation. Know that your involvement, prayer and financial gifts could not be more appreciated. It is a joy to serve with you. Together we can be that steady force of prayerful people who are unwavering in our assurance that God reigns and through Him all is achieved. (Please note our 2016 activities and accomplishments following my signature.)
Will you consider partnering with us again in 2017 by blessing CWA of South Dakota with a tax-deductible gift that will remain in South Dakota to fund our local activities? Donations can be made to Concerned Women for America (with “CWA of SD” in the memo line) and mailed to Concerned Women for America, P.O. Box 343, Leola, SD 57456. Or you may donate online by clicking here and then clicking “donate to your state” under my photo on the right side of the page.
Also, consider joining with other “encouragers” in our “Encourage-A-Legislator Campaign” to cover all our elected officials in prayer during the upcoming 2017 South Dakota Legislative Session. Please respond to this e-mail by providing your physical address if you wish to participate.
Our prayers in the New Year are that God’s wisdom will rule and that the name of the Lord will be praised by the Church Body and all who serve the people of our state and nation. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a healthy, happy and abundant New Year!
Blessings in Christ, the Prince of Peace,
Some of YOUR CWA of South Dakota 2016 activities and accomplishments:
- Lobbied full-time/testified on legislation as volunteers during the South Dakota Legislative Session
- Attended legislative hearings/informed legislators on CWA’s issues
- Alerted members to State and National Legislative updates via e-mail
- Prayerfully covered all 105 state legislators through our “Encourage-A-Legislator” campaign
- Published letters to the editor/opinion editorials
- Presented our “Human Trafficking” program to ladies’ groups
- Started and continued Prayer/Action Chapters and Home Teams
- Published Spring and Fall state newsletters
- Participated in leadership conference in Washington, D.C.
- Lobbied our South Dakota Congressional delegation in Washington, D.C.
- Exhibited CWA of South Dakota materials at various state events