Please be in prayer for Gov. David Ige. Yesterday, members of the Hawaii Christian Coalition met with the governor to voice their opposition to SB501. This bill threatens the very existence of crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) and the unborn lives they seek to save. It forces CPCs to give information about local abortion clinics as legitimate options to expectant mothers. Simply, it’s a bullying bill, and it does not support free speech. Pray the Lord uses the information that was presented to Gov. Ige to motivate him to veto this bill that is currently on his desk.
If you haven’t already voiced your opposition, please do so NOW! Go to our state webpage for background information on this horrendous bill and its journey through the legislature. Prior to the Intent to Veto deadline of June 26, Gov. Ige will be considering public comments on bills that he has not yet approved or vetoed. This Intent to Veto deadline is the last date that he can send a notice to the legislature that he is considering a veto on any unapproved bills. However, just because a bill is on the list does not mean he will veto it. He can also decide to let it become law without his signature. If a bill is NOT on the veto list, it will become law, with or without his approval, no later than July 11.
Take Action: If you haven’t already, please contact Gov. Ige. Ask him to veto SB501.
1. Click here to submit your comments to Gov. Ige online.
2. Call the Governor’s office at (808) 586-0034. The fate of SB501 and crisis pregnancy centers hangs in the balance.
Continue to pray!
1. Pray that Gov. Ige puts SB501 on the Intent to Veto deadline list before June 26.
2. Pray that he vetoes it before July 11 to prevent SB501 from becoming law.
3. Pray that his heart is softened towards the unborn, CPCs, and the Lord. Proverbs 21:1 says, “The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.” Pray that the Lord will do just that.
Together, we can make a difference!
CWA of Hawaii
CWA of Hawaii