“When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.” Proverbs 29:2
I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how important the election is this year! So much is at stake! It is important that we as Christians get out and vote our Biblical values. As believers we must do all we can to positively affect legislation in our great nation.
The elections will not only determine our next President, but also who will win the senatorial, congressional, state school board, judicial retention and local races. To help your decisions at the poll, I have included a handful of helpful resources throughout this e-alert. Please prayerfully consider all of this information and forward it on to like-minded family and friends.
What party best represents you? You decide. We have put together two Party Platform Comparison documents that I am sure you will find very helpful:
- 2016 Party Platform Comparison (one-pager)
- 2016 Party Platform Comparison(expanded brochure; print on 8 1/2″ X 14″ legal size paper, double-sided)
The presidential race is of immense importance. The next president will be choosing the next U.S. Supreme Court justice/justices as well as up to four more that will be within retirement age within the next four to eight years. And, let us not forget that he/she will be selecting 55 U.S. Courts of Appeals Judges, 268 U.S. District Court Judges and there are currently 90 Federal Judicial vacancies. CWA has put together a two-minute and 20-second video that will help you to understand the impact the next president will have on the country’s judicial system for generations to come.
Kansas will be voting to retain 11 judges. That is, five Supreme Court justice, six Court of Appeals races, and numerous local-level judges. Here is helpful brochure on the topic of judges:
Kansas Secretary of State website. This site is extremely helpful in answering all of your questions pertaining to voting in Kansas:
Important dates and deadlines:
- Tuesday, October 18 – Voter Registration Ends: Last date to register to vote in General election.
- Wednesday, October 19 – Early Voting/In person Absentee voting starts: First day advance ballots are mailed. In person advance voting may begin. Contact your county election office to find out when and where.
- Friday, November 4 – Absentee Ballot Request deadline: Deadline for voters to apply for advance voting ballots to be mailed.
- Monday, November 7 – Early Voting/In Person Absentee voting ends: Noon deadline to cast advance voting ballots in person in office of county election office.
- Tuesday, November 8 (General Election) – Absentee Ballot return deadline: Advance voting ballots must be received in office of County Election Officer by close of polls.
Again, please pass this information on to like-minded friends and family.
The most important thing we can do is to pray! God will direct our paths as we study the candidates and the platform.
Please jump in at any time to join CWA’s 30 Day Prayer Challenge. Sign up today!
Please pray the following Scriptures for the Lord’s direction as you vote:
“Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.” Exodus 18:21
“Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?” 1 Corinthians 6:1-5
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Thank you for taking the time to consider all of this information. May the Lord be with you on November 8.
For Liberty and Truth,